Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child behavior

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 221 Total Views

Hi, my name is Pamela and I am the mother of two girls aged 7 1/2 and 5. My ex husband has adhd and im having ALOT of trouble with my 5 year old. She can be the biggest sweet heart when she wants to be but then again she can be the biggest handful too. I have really started having trouble especially out in public with her acting up and thinking its funny and running off. It doesnt matter what kind of punishment we try to do it does not fase her and she just acts worse. She goes non stop from the time she gets up in the morning till the time she passes out at night then she is a very heavy sleeper and I have a very hard time waking her up for school. She has also been throwing temper tantrums whens he doesnt get her way and if somebody makes her mad she will just walk up and hit them. I am at a point to where I dont like taking her places because of her behavior. Can you please tell me if you think this is a sign of her having adhd? I know my ex and his oldest daughter by his ex is bi-polar, adhd, and skitzophrenic. I really need help.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BLMoretti
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM
How long have you and your ex been divorced? Could she be acting out because of that? Perhaps her world has been rocked. When my kids are acting out I find that rather than punishment, more one on one mommy time seems to bring our relationship back on track. I try to spend at least 10 minutes at waking and at bedtime and 20 minutes during the day, like after school. This is not doing anything but being together time, no homework, no phone, just you and kid doing kid directed things.
pamelah2009
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Me and him divorced right after she turned a year old. He was very abusive and had tried to kill me and her. I am a stay at home mom and our nightly ritual is to get tucked in bed and i lay there and do thier prayers with them. I also like taking them to do stuff seperatly on occations that way its something special between me and them. Her behavior is not really bad towards me but it is towards her sister and others. She is very much a mommas girl and is very stuck to me.
Bellandpaysmom
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I would get a diagnosis it does sound like she may be ADHD.  My son is and has all the same symptoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)