Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever heard of Interactive Metronome (IM)?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

A friend of mine sent me a link to this system that is supposed to help develop pathways in the brain that can help with ADHD. Wondering if anyone has heard about it. If so, does it work? I know nothing is a silver bullet, but really want to help my son and school is just such a challenge.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Grammie_j
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I've heard of it but, we haven't tried it. We tried Fast Forword for 3 months with limited success and now we're trying the Integrated Listening System. The main problem with both these programs is fighting to get him to do them. Fast Forword is a computer program with headphones and he would take the headphones off and not really try a lot of the time. With the Integrated Listening System you listen on headphones to classical music and sometimes chanting. His OT wants him to do exercises and other activities while he's listening. With the OT he's perfect, with us he's too tired, bored and on and on. On the plus side, he doesn't seem to mind listening to the music. I let him shoot hoops outside instead of exercise and we play board games when he gets tired. I don't know if this program will help or not but, we're so desperate to help him that we're willing to try most anything!

My thought is, if you think it might help and you can afford it, then it's worth trying!

Jacque

BLMoretti
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Yes this is great for coordination and balance and it is sometimes covered by insurance.  Worth a try for you ODD guy.  There are lots of other movement based therapy as well.  Look up HANDLE, or RMT.  I think a big reason we have so many ADHD kids is because kids no longer sleep on their tummy and spend too much time in walkers and baby seats. The movement makes perfect sense.  There is a therapy you might look into called BIT or crossinology.  They are energy balancing and very cool.  Or AVE Audio Visual Entrainmnet.  Lots of stuff out there if you look for it.

B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN