Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any suggestions???

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

I'm new to this group and thought It'd be a good idea to introduce myself. My name Is Rebecca I'm a Teen Mamma. Im 20 years old and my daughter will be 5 in a week. Anywho I was wondering what are the symptoms of ADHD??? I believe my daughter has it because her father has it and also because she's always acting out and can't sit still unless she's destracted by a computer or sometimes tv!!! I'm calling her drs in the morning to get her reffered to get evaluated for it at a childrens hospital nearby,, So.. Whats your input on this ladies do you think she has it and if so how can i cope with it without pulling my hair out and stressing myself when there's no need????

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tam626
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Welcome to the group. Glad to hear you are having her evaluated. Hard to say for sure if she has it but it is definately hereditary. As far as how to cope? Well, all I can say is do your best, take a deep breath & take one day at a time! Good luck.

mizz_jonez8956
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thanks I'm just trying to think of a DR for her to see its crazy

ladyraven16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Children's hospital should have a child development unit. Get her evaluated through them. Its a 3-5hr appt with a groupof different doctors. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandajoy21
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We saw problems with my son for a long time before we had him officially diagnosed. He is always in motion even in his sleep, he talks all the time even when he shouldn't be, has a hard time staying focused on boring tasks, but can pay attention to video games, and is always getting hurt because he doesn't understand the dangers or properly pay attention to them. The doctors are going to want to see if these behaviors are consistent in different environments and if they have been going on for a while.

I get through every day by looking at each day as a new chance for my son to do well and set small goals for him to achieve to build his confidence. As for parenting some days are harder than others, but you need to remember that you love her even if you don't like her behavior and take time outs when you feel yourself spiraling out of control emotionally. Somedays I tell my son that I need him to play quietly in his room and I will come out when I am more calm. Spend 20 minutes reading a book, doing a puzzle, or whatever relaxes you. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it because having a child with ADHD can be frustrating because you know that if they would just focus they can do what you are asking.

mizz_jonez8956
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Thanks for those words of encouragement. I just need to find a good Dr that understands me. The one she use to have said she acted like a normal 5 year old only cause she was in. and out of the room every time my daughter has been seen there. I always support my daughter no matter what even if she was disabled I wouldn't love her any less. She's my heart and soul. I just want to make sure she is taking care of properly I just need some answers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)