Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously at the end of my rope with my son!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

OK so I really really need some advice! My son have been on Adhd meds since he was 4. He has knocked 9 teeth out of his mouth since he could walk. he is overly sensitive about everything and I try so so hard to help him. His meds were working so well when he was younger. he was not zoned out and   he still acted like himself. The problem now is it seems like nothing is helping! hes outta control and is now almost 7 and physically abusive to me and his sister. I dont know how to help him or what to try. I try to keep him busy outside or activities inside but he just moves from one thing to another and wont or is even so fast he hurts himself if that makes sense?  I just need some advice of something to try to get him to be calmer? or schedule your little ones try?  activities that work for your children? I try to pick my battles but today was it ! he was punching, smacking spiting, and I had to go to his school because he was outta control there! he will run himself so hard that he is dripping in sweat and wont even notice he needs to stop and eat something or take a drink! hes been the same weight for 3 years also. I am just in over my head.  any ideas would be amazing thanks

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Replies (11-15):
kapeypey06
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

and I wish the college here had that class I would so take it!!!!

mom2tj408
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

My heart breaks for you as I completely understand what you are going through! My son is now almost 12 and we have also been through this, it is not easy (and has not gotten any easier, sorry!)  He was diagnosed at 5 with ADHD and ODDand depression at maybe 9? All you want to do as a parent is help and it is hard to find help, it is like nobody knows how to help!  He goes to counseling sessions every other week and it has helped with the aggression as he talks to her about things he would not tell us, maybe try that?  You need to make sure your doctor is aware of this, maybe his body has gotten immune to his meds and need to be adjusted?  Good Luck and Hugs to you, it is not easy!!

kapeypey06
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM

increased the meds is all she did and want to see him back in two weeks  also got another call from teacher today gurr so tired of all this hope they figure it out soon

spamula
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I also would look into a different med combo for your son. My son is now 14, been on meds since 8years old, is mean and nasty when he comes down from the meds as well. as they get older they do change and the meds that worked yesterday suddenly stop working.My son was also a skinny minnie all his life and now he cannot stop eating lol! I also have the nasties at home and at school the next time he tries to physically hurt me (I am disabled) he will be going to jail for assault!  We are now looking for a new school that deals with ad/hd and Autism and ODD and all the rest. Check your school system and I would get a re-evaluation re his diagnosis and treatment.

msfroggyb
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Have you tried to increase the dose of meds or change them? If so and this is still not working then I may agree with jalex..below try some type of inpatient behavioral treatment center, keep the faith don't give up on him there is a reason you were chosen to be his mom! hang in there! hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN