Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I'm new

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

hi I'm Teri, I have two children a 12 yo and 4 yo both girls..My 12 has ADHD but I also believe that my 4 yo does too, but its seems like it more severe, we have decided to get her tested in the new year, but as we wait we want to do what we can to understand how to deal with her, as all that we have done hasn't help one bit. 

I would love to get to know some moms in the same situation as sometimes it feels like i'm all alone in this, as I am a SAHM.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
boppysmom2007
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

hi my name is fawn i have a 5 yr old son who was diagnosed in nov with adhd and hyperactivity disorder please dont feel alone i felt the same way last month and this group helped so much you can ask anything here and wont feel like they are judging u i am new to adhd and still learning but love to make new friends along the way 

21lisa72
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hi Teri, welcme to the group!  My name is Lisa.  I have a son also 12 well soon to be 13 next month.  I find him more difficult this year since puberty is starting to kick in.  How about you?  it was like over night he is very mouthy disrespectful (particually to me) and lies about stupid things.  We are going to start to see a family psycologist next month.  i really dont know if he will talk or respond but maybe we will get advice on how to handle him.  He also has disabilities in school.  He was a 31 week preemie I am not sure if any of this is related.  It must be hard for you with two adhd kids.  Right now my sons behavior is pretty good in school and he is a goalie in hockey and his focus in unbelievable!  Well your welcome to pm (personal mail me any time).

Hugs! Lisa

MomOfOneCoolKid
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Welcome to the group Teri!

Which one is more severe?

Anyways, my son is 4yrs old and has adhd and come other stuff, maybe OCD? We're not sure yet. He was dx'd with PDD-NOS which is on the autism spectrum.

Right now we're trying out different meds to see which ones will work. We are also doing ABA, ST, and OT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)