Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice forand smoother holidays

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
How do you help keep your adhd child from going into overload during the holidays? I know its expected they'll be really excited and s bot out of sorts but there are also major meltdowns im trying to make it as smooth as possible esp with my inl aws staying with us for thea next three weels. My son jumps on them and is rough with them a lot(wrestling despite repeated timeouts and being told to stop) and scratching...which he doesn't do normally.it makes me so anxious someones going to get hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newdaydawning05
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

It's great that you are anticipating challenges that may arise with your son during the holidays.  Just being aware of it is a great step in the right direction!  This article has some good tips although they aren't related to the holidays, some of the ideas could still apply.  May you enjoy this special time with your son and extended family!

21lisa72
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM

My son is pretty good loves legos is getting a few will keep him busy all day

whatmynameagain
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Thanks for the replies. He'll prob bebusy with toys. We keep him outside to play alot andlotsof praise when he listens and repeat directions too. So far he's been pretty good
Much smoother thanlast time they visited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cemommster
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM

We stick with our house and my parents house. He has his "safe" places he goes, at both homes, to decompress if needed.  Lot's of sleep and little sugar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)