Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child with adhd do you spank when do something wrong?

Posted by   + Show Post

i found when son little reward thing worked and taking away

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Replies (11-14):
QueenCreole313
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

No, but I'm curious how you define something wrong? Is he making a mistake or being defiant. There is a difference. 

whatmynameagain
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Time outs and a reward system works withmy son. It varies from day to day but I don't spank I teach through consequences and behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkelly2
by Head Admin Catherine on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

lol  Reward system never worked with DD..  you said she did good.. she was done.    She could get a mid term report  all A's and B's and by the tiem reportcards came out.. she was failing..    she figured she was okay.. she could relax and relax she did!     but spanking didn't work either.     I had to make the punishment hurt in other ways.     and if it didn't phase her at the time I uped the anty!    until I got her attention.  

then I found 1,2,3... magic.. and that changed my world..   google it.   it is a book..   it is inexpensive.. it is easy read and you can take the core  concepts and apply them..    just be sure you follow through and do it.  no giving in.     with in a couple of months I had different kids.   and because I adapted it as they got older.. it worked right on through to the teen and college years.    

Catherine 
There is no MD after my name..  
 I am just a mom with years of experience raising ADHD kids.... LOL

Mrs.Bolin
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My daughter does know when she does wrong at home. Yes, when she does something worthy of a swat on the butt then she gets one and the nose goes in the corner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)