Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child have memory problems?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

I will ask him what he did over at his grandparents and he will look at me blankly and ask what did I do? I will say I don't know, I wasn't there. Same with any trip before yesterday. He has no idea. You can see the panic in his eyes.

The funny part is that he has a great "working memory" when tested. He can remember facts. So can his Dad.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyraven16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Depends. Sometimes he can remember what he did during the day and sometimes he will remember something from months ago randomly but a lot of times he doesn't remeber what happened 5min ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CHDMommy3
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM

short term memory he has problems but he has amazing skills when asked to recite things.  If you are concerned they can do testing.  We did for my DS.

jthompson1976
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

oh wow thought was only my son seems like gotten worse he 16 he start some thing and forgets what has even done  has any one found any thing helps

CHDMommy3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I was given memory games and tasks to help with his memory.

Quoting jthompson1976:

oh wow thought was only my son seems like gotten worse he 16 he start some thing and forgets what has even done  has any one found any thing helps

21lisa72
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

My son is getting older 13 so its getting harder he is getting less confidend I need something for an older child

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM

My son's issue is mostly verbal communication. So I attribute him not being able to tell me b.c we are still working on getting his speech up to speed.

The other day though, he told dh, "dad, today, i went to the computer store to get computer fixed!" He was very proud too :) So was I :)

stephwordelman1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM

yes ds does alot

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM
DS has a terrible memory with most things but he can retain the most random bits and pieces of conversation.

I hope it improves because learning things like the multiplication tables are hard for him right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Quoting DDDaysh:

DS has a terrible memory with most things but he can retain the most random bits and pieces of conversation.

I hope it improves because learning things like the multiplication tables are hard for him right now.

I have a terrible memory for stuff like that too.

I am good at math (graduated as computer engineer, taught Calc, etc) but memorizing random things like a multiplication table was always almost impossible. I made it out okay in school. Maybe your kid is like that?

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I really hope so. I love him like crazy, but his brain is so different from my own that I feel lost with him sometimes.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting DDDaysh:

I have a terrible memory for stuff like that too.

I am good at math (graduated as computer engineer, taught Calc, etc) but memorizing random things like a multiplication table was always almost impossible. I made it out okay in school. Maybe your kid is like that?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)