Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adhd and meds

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 156 Total Views
Ok so we have our two boys both on the same meds for just over a yr now. They bothe take adderall and intuniv in am then clonadine at night and doc gave us a lower dose pill for 4pm of adderall cause some days they need a boost. Well the meds have helped our 7yr old to control his temper but our 10yrtwo old has gotten way worse with his temper. Is he on to many meds or coukd the adderall be causing the temper ir just not controling it. Please if anyone has any ideas I would really love to hear all advise. Our doc is no help she is horrible at exolaining things where we understand and trying to find new doc.
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Adderall is a stimulant and like all stimulants, go in quickly and leave quickly.

If you think its the adderall, document any time his temper gets out of control. You can either ask for a lower dosage and document again. Compare and contrast. You could also just take him off and again, document, compare and contrast.

Stimulants made my son aggressive, except for adderall at an extremely small dosage. It helps him just enough to concentrate and focus a little better but we are still looking for an add-on. Today, he started Straterra.

Here goes :)

mom2wy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Thanks hun appriciate the help.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Adderall is a stimulant and like all stimulants, go in quickly and leave quickly.

If you think its the adderall, document any time his temper gets out of control. You can either ask for a lower dosage and document again. Compare and contrast. You could also just take him off and again, document, compare and contrast.

Stimulants made my son aggressive, except for adderall at an extremely small dosage. It helps him just enough to concentrate and focus a little better but we are still looking for an add-on. Today, he started Straterra.

Here goes :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

My 10 1/2yo adhd/odd/severe anxiety son is on vyvanse, intuniv, zoloft & melatonin (for night).  My son is in a growth spurt.  Maybe your 10yo is too that your 7yo isnt going thru right now??  My son's temper/attitude/defiance issues have only gotten worse.  We think he is going thru puberty.  That may be the case with your son.  As kids grow, dosages need to be adjusted.  Your 10yo may need a higher dose cuz he's a "bigger" boy now.  Our son's "issues" are all meds, it is his "attitude" and as a pre teen he's developing a pretty big one!  LOL!

lazyd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I meant to say our son's "issues" are NOT all meds......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN