Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADHD study INTERESTING

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 209 Total Views
http://m.healthday.com/iphone_article.htm?CID=0B3F45B2&NFID=C&articleId=673384
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky3x
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I find this study to be very odd. It did state that it was possible the children in the study were not taking their medicine as prescribed. I'm not sure how you can draw any conclusions if you don't even have the proper controls in place. Also, anyone who has their child on ADHD medication knows it takes some experimenting to find the right medication for their child. To say the medication doesn't work is ridiculous. For many kids, there is such a vast improvement in their behavior/focus. It is so obvious when they are on their meds or not.

ladyraven16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I agree with this although I can't read the article. I have seen a tremendous difference in my son.

Quoting lucky3x:

I find this study to be very odd. It did state that it was possible the children in the study were not taking their medicine as prescribed. I'm not sure how you can draw any conclusions if you don't even have the proper controls in place. Also, anyone who has their child on ADHD medication knows it takes some experimenting to find the right medication for their child. To say the medication doesn't work is ridiculous. For many kids, there is such a vast improvement in their behavior/focus. It is so obvious when they are on their meds or not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

The article makes me cry.

My kid is only 4. Adderall works a little, but its not the magic pill that it is for most kids. Of course, I think my son is aspergers too :(

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM

This isn't exactly shocking.  No one has ever said medication is a "cure-all". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)