Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone ever think there child is more than just adhd?? My so has had the Adhd diagnosis since age 3. Since he could walk he has been knocking out his teeth (now missing 10 or so) he is extremely angry alot of the time. It's getting worse! we try meds after meds idk if its just me but seems as if they work a few days than dont.....perhaps I just think it works.. took him off meds a bout a week ago all together tired of trying when nothing helps. thing is his teacher says at school she has min problems even off the medication. however it seems at home its getting worse if hes not busy or into something running back and forth on my couch, unable to sit still for the slightest moment, cant get him in timeout anymore, over and over he sticks out his butt at you like its a game even tho hes been told its not..its like he don't get it!!!! or he screams so loud "boo ya baby" then pretty much break dances weird. hes been opening the door and trying to run in the road..I have no idea what to do every time I talk with his doc I feel like I am hounding them! he has put holes in my walls, bruises on my skin... but if it were my parenting would not my other children have similar issues? every family member I talk to or friend  says I am a amazing mom and they don't know how I do it....even his counselor! I keep asking his doc could it be something else?? can we test for something else?? every time its met with well....his father was on adhd meds when he was younger....we had church last night he didn't want to get in the car so it was screaming as loud as he could in the parking lot and not getting in after about 20 mins or so finally got him in but it was a huge battle! seems like there is no reasoning at all anymore and he keeps getting worse! he has a hard time sleeping most of the time going to bed around 1-2 am getting up around 6 ish and he has always been that way. hes almost 7 now.he says weird things talks about shooting ppl alot or killing them...we don't allow him to have toy guns anymore and he has never watched violent shows. he will make a house look like a tornado in a matter of minutes...he will also be drenched in sweat really red in the face from not slowing down at all. I have done research online and cant seem to even come close to finding another kid that has meltdowns like him...the neighbor thought I was cray till one day she came over and seen for herself then said omg I don't know why I didn't see it before hes autistic! well if he was why have docs not seen it??? why did I miss it??? I just want him to be happy, healthy and loved its what everyone wants right?? having a hard time and trying so so hard....anyone have any ideas what this could be??? I will take any advice we have a doctors visit today at 330!

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kapeypey06:

see and that was my thought....I don't know why he needs 2 I honestly don't want him on any till we figure this out but  the doc said it might be a while before we do figure this out and he is so uncontrollable that she said well he is in crisis mode sounds like we have to try something at least till we figure this out! he is on 10 mg of Prozac 1xday and 0.5 of risperdal 2xday.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting kapeypey06:

My son is suppose to start 2 new meds tomorrow I am worried cus hes not diegnosed with anything yet shes having him on prozac and risperdal because she says sounds like he is in crisis mode!!! well yes he is but how can she put him on something and not even know anymore what is wrong??? I just dunno we are suppose to start this in the am and I am just worried

I think its kinda weird they would start two at the same time.

Sorry about my previous reply, I just got around to reading your other replies etc.

If he starts two new meds at the same time how will they know which one is doing what?

I don't know. I think I would ask to only try risperdal first and then see how it goes before adding the next one. Also, may I ask, what is the dosage?

0.5 of risperdal 2xday == that sounds right to me. I don't know about prozac. I mean, I have no idea about dosage regarding prozac.

kapeypey06
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM

The meds he is on I have noticed he is actually alot better for the most part.

Babygirl1966
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Maybe you need to change his doctor or change his medication.
ASessa
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Your post sounds just like what we went through over 2 years ago.  I told my grandson's story so many times so here is the link on cafe mom;  http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775/forums/read/13639318/Nutrition_and_Biomedical_Treatments_for_Autism?highlight=215871824#post215871824    

and http://www.cafemom.com/group/92/forums/read/17412085/ADHD_Diet?highlight=208643379#post208643379

My grandson is recovering nicely, because we found what was medically wrong that caused all  his problems...in summery "leaky gut, PANDAS fighting Strep infection that went to the brain, FOOD Allergies, Sensitive to phenols and Salicylates in fruits and Veg., Chemical sensitivities (aspertame, fructose corn syrup, artificial dyes, pesticides in food), missing enzymes, low in cholesterol, low in B vitamins, , Metal Toxins and two sets of MTHFR gene mutation 677T (body needs Methyl  to help  with nutrition and get rid of toxins)."  Everyone is different, but Drs. won't check for these things unless you insist blood tests, stool tests and urine tests are taken to see what is bio medically wrong and build up the immune system.  Have you tried any of these things yet?        In my opinion, Meds only hide what the underlying cause is. 

I don't come on here that often anymore, because bio med intervention is working for us.  You can find me on Facebook in "Food Allergies" where some of the other moms are...turns out that even the moms have some form of auto-immune disorder too and the healthy diet (no wheat or dairy) and organic foods are helping them too.  Some of the problems the moms have are; Crohn's, Celiac, MS, Ankylosis, R. Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Lyme disease.  (Grandma ANNELIESE)

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Quoting kapeypey06:

The meds he is on I have noticed he is actually alot better for the most part.

yay!

nomadbrat83
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

*hugs* DD has SPD and a Mood Disorder NOS along with her ADHD.  And she can't take stimulants because they make her mood disorder worse. 

EmeraldLake
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM

My son is more than ADHD.   I think he has some sensory issues and learning challenges.   But he is not enough to get the Aspergers dx.   I think he is somewhere in-between.    Oddly, my sons behavior is pretty good.

jthompson1976
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

i dont no if this well helped i had alot of same prob with my older son   they end up taking him off meds putting him on mood stablizer and a depersant meds it has done wonders for him  he is sleeping all night and they help with his adhd... now i also have a daugther  adhd  and asbergers..  she takes  intuniv  and a depersent med at night   i have to say works great  

nomadbrat83
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Risperdal has worked wonders with izzy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mswifey
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I have noticed in my own personal experience, sometimes they are hesitant to diagnose, as it may be a phase. This is what happened with my SD . As well as behavior issues, she has mommy problems. She doesnt see her, when she did it was sporatically a few weeks at a time on a constant basis then gone again. Alot of her issues were Adhd but alot of the emptional stuff, the crying oncontrolably the outbursts were due to her issues with her mom. We went thru several theripst some just looking at us like we were nuts, and saying she is perfectly fine. We did get a diagnosis of ADHD and I seriously felt for some time now that it is more than that. I am posistive at least ODD and possibly bi-poliar. Though no one has said. Her theripist perscribed lexapro fpr her anixiety but we havent started ityet. For now she seems to be fine on the vyvanse, even going to take her off it for the summer. I have high hopes but shes 10, puberty and hormones are about to kick in so i still have the pharasist on speed dial.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN