Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adhd and coordination

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

i was reading and everything say adhd  and poor coordination my 4 year old is very very well coordinated to face i been told he well above normal that way 

dose anyone else have an adhd was very good coordination ?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momkelly2
by Head Admin Catherine on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Both of my kids were well coordinated.   my son more so than my DD I would say she was average.   DS was amazing at times.   and he is dyslexic... which should have caused issues.     and maybe it did but he over came them.  

He was always very agile as a kid...   he could climb up and down before I could say "no"  or "don't"  lol   he was good at sports..   good marksmanship too, with little experience other than what uncle sam taught him.  

infact he still is very agile..  I watched him climb from first floor  to 2nd floor balcony..    with amazing easy just a few months ago..  he is 24 and grown..  mom wasn't saying no... just hoping hotel personel didn't catch him....  lol   but it was fun to watch...lol     he has been rock climbing  so maybe applying new skills...  well he was starting rock climbing before his big trip to the big sandbox in Afghanastan...  now all put on hold..  for the most of the year...   [[sigh]] 

feralkitten
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM

i'm dyslexic to but i also have dyspraxia the balance disorder that often goes with dyslexia. my son def do not have dyspraxia but i don't know if there dyslexic or not . 

he can run like a much older child he is very bendy 

momkelly2
by Head Admin Catherine on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

my son's is visiual...  the first hint I had for him was when he learned to dial the phone.   he would hesitate between the 5 and 2 and 6 and 9  once he learned the order of the numbers that hint was gone. 

dd no hint at all...  first I knew was when she was tested at 7...      there is a book called, "In the Minds Eye"  can't recall the author.. but there is a chapter on dyslexic brain.. and was very interesting reading..  may be of help to you..     you can check your local library to see if it is available.  

feralkitten
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM

i'm a double type of dyslexia kinda got everything lol . i'm very sever so my mum and my bro. 

Aamy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
My dd has ut as nd is coordinated

Quoting feralkitten:

i was reading and everything say adhd  and poor coordination my 4 year old is very very well coordinated to face i been told he well above normal that way 

dose anyone else have an adhd was very good coordination ?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Mine is coordinated in some ways, like he can climb anything! But he has trouble jumping on one foot, he trips over his own feet when walking or running and he tends to run into things a lot.

He can kick a ball but struggles with catching and throwing. His small motor skills are way behind.

Anyway Idk if its his adhd or his sensory disorder but either way he is deffinately not advanced in his everyday coordination.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feralkitten
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

this is pritty much my son 24/7 lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)