Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daytrana patch. The good,bad or otherwise

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 185 Total Views
Just starting my 5 year old on daytrana at 5mg. Don't judge,please . I have a 12 & 13yr old on ADHD meds. I'm older and wiser now and no not to wait till 2nd grade this time ,like I did with the older ones..Any info anyone can give would be appreciative. Side effects, appetite, sleep, etc. I don't have experience with this med (shockingly) what about placement and irritation? Thanks!

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I love Daytrana! 

Um, the only bad thing is that you have to put it on as early as you can because it takes a while to build up in the morning. 

My son had skin irritation at first, but it passed.  The site still turns red when the patch is on, but it no longer seems to bother him. 

ig1ggle
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Thanks. how old is your child?

Verrine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM

We LOVE Daytrana. It makes a huge difference in our lives! He started on it at age 5 and he has always been small for his age. He is now 8 and 43 pounds and on 15 mg.

The skin underneath turns red, which is why you alternate sides. Honestly, he has skin issues with other things, but no problems with this. His friend, who doesn't have skin issues, has an allergic reaction. The pharmacist explained to me that since it goes through the skin, it doesn't interact with other medications as much as if it went through the stomach. It is longer-lasting for us than the long-acting Ritalin and has no rebound. I think the main downside is cost, but the Daytrana website has a coupon that lasts for the whole year.

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

He's nine

Quoting ig1ggle:

Thanks. how old is your child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)