Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw the psychiatrist today...

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 140 Total Views

Yeap, I've got ADHD :/ And some depression but i think and the doc thinks, it stems and is very linked to, the adhd.

He showed me some stats and apparently if you have it, your kids have a 57% chance of having it too. Yikes! I don't know if that's just one parent though.

Anyways, i'm hopeful i can get some help and help my son too. He has his own doc (developmental pedi) but I'm glad we got this adhd household under wraps. :)

I graduated from college with a computer engineering degree. I still have to do something with it - lol - but if I made it that far, I'm hopeful that my son can make it farther :)

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I've never been tested as an adult, but self checking the check lists shows me as having it every time.  My doctor asked if I wanted a formal diagnosis last year, but..  I don't really know what the point would be.  

The other day though, I was at work and just having a REALLY bad day of my own.  I'd start to open a file and forget halfway through it what file it was I was supposed to be openning.  I'd read the same stuff seven or eight time, just couldn't concentrate on anything.  I don't have days THAT bad very often, but I do have difficultly concentrating alot set off by periods of hyperfocus, so luckily they sort of counterbalance at work.  But last Friday was just terrible...  

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Quoting DDDaysh:

I've never been tested as an adult, but self checking the check lists shows me as having it every time.  My doctor asked if I wanted a formal diagnosis last year, but..  I don't really know what the point would be.  

The other day though, I was at work and just having a REALLY bad day of my own.  I'd start to open a file and forget halfway through it what file it was I was supposed to be openning.  I'd read the same stuff seven or eight time, just couldn't concentrate on anything.  I don't have days THAT bad very often, but I do have difficultly concentrating alot set off by periods of hyperfocus, so luckily they sort of counterbalance at work.  But last Friday was just terrible...  

hugs mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)