Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to vent.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

Happy Sunday!

Well, not today. My list is long. I've been so emotional lately (and for the record, I'm post menopausal - yay.)

I'm ADHD. You would think this would make me a slightly better parent than I am. Nope. I realize now that my mom had/has it and didn't know how to cope. I inherited that. I'm finding that I can't cope these days. My son seems to be getting worse. And when he gets worse, so does his brother. I don't think he's got any ADHD - he's just being a little turd. I really think I need counseling.

My house is an absolute mess. Thankfully I could never be featured on "Hoarders." But still. It creates a lot of tension in our house because I can't get it together.

I live in a very small town. I'm finding all the people whom I used to consider friends - really aren't anymore. I know that everyone has their own lives but it's tough when you need a vent and don't have anyone to vent to. And my husband doesn't either. I don't like venting to him because he has enough to deal with.

I feel like a horrible daughter because I don't visit my mom enough. She's also living two hours away and gas isn't cheap. It's heartbreaking to see her like this but I know I need to see her. She has Alzheimer's.

Realizing I have ADHD is a bit of a bummer but a bit of a relief since I know what's going on now. I'm just so damn impatient now!

Thanks for listening.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
21lisa72
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Well your not horrible I understand the gas thing my mom who I don't really get along with but would still like to visit to show my son some sense of normally lives 45 minutes away but so does my best ever loving grandma almost 85 all alone who was my escape always there for me my first choice to visit. With a 14 year old son ADHD some learning disabilities that is hockey goalie just ending two teams and starting another time is hard. I have anxiety and depression from the way she raised and abused me. I am also disabled from being hit by a car my frustrations run high and so does my guilt. Take one step at a time. Day to day as you feel. Maybe one day get a big bag or two one garbage one donations tackle one room have your son help my son actually is great at helping me with my closet etc not his stuff! But have him pick it up and ask you what bag it should go in than get then right out. I don't know how old he is but when mine got around 12 pre puberty it was bad! And order will help him.you could also have a garage sale and use the money to go see mom! Set a goal that you want to see her for mothers day! And then you have plenty of time to clean. Little by little kids like to help and give him a reward to look forward to as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)