Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pep talk!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 203 Total Views

A friend on another board expressed her true despair, nausea, and misery after seeing the events of yesterday. Here is my response to her (mostly unedited), I hope there are some things in here that give us all food for thought and ideas to move forward...

-------

To say I Feel Your Pain would be an understatement (and a Clinton reference so I'll let it go).  This mourning process is different, and in some ways worse, for those of us who believed (even while disagreeing with him at times) that John McCain would have been a good President and not merely Superior To That One. But I digress. Now for the pep talk.

Remember for a moment the FACTS. 45% of Americans agree with us. I will say that again, since no one else seems to even acknowledge this reality. ALMOST HALF OF VOTERS DID **NOT** WANT OBAMA AS THEIR PRESIDENT.  These people did not suddenly start smoking crack and loving him. The reason the media is keeping up the lovefest is they know Obama has, as we are affectionately called, "haters." Many, many MANY people, including some who would never admit it publicly, still don't want him, don't like him, don't trust him. So you're not alone, even though everyone is trying REALLY hard (too hard?) to make us feel that way.

Now. Also remember that *we* have nothing to lose. Our party's brand is, if not worthless, at a significant low point. Our Prez and VP nominees are still having tomatoes thrown at them from both sides. But eventually people will lose interest in persecuting them and will, in fact, move on.  Any and all things that happens in the next four years will be the Democrats' fault. The same Democrats who led Congress to a whopping 9% approval rating - 3 times LOWER than Bush's. Take away the Cult Of Personality and people bending over backwards to be 'racially sensitive' and 91% of people know that the Democrat agenda is wrong and NOT working. Any mistakes that happen are THEIRS.  Bush is in Texas, starting today they can't blame him (although I guarantee they will try). WE can do positive things, rebuild, find new candidates, work on key causes, craft a winning team for the future. THEY actually have to try to run the place (ha).

Today is a new beginning. Today is the end of YES WE CAN and the beginning of Or Can You?  The proof is in the pudding, and people who have worshipped him will, in fact, have to fill their own gas tanks and pay their taxes and tighten their belts. and they won't do it willingly for long. So even with crazed media and hooting and hollering in the streets, Obama faces a ticking time bomb of - gasp - actual WORK to do. Remember, even Jesus was lauded with palms one day and killed a week later. Mob mentality is fickle, and at some point he will actually have to deliver *something.*  When he delivers the WRONG thing, THAT is when we speak up and out.

So while frankly, I can't be "nice", I'm striving to be "Fair."  I need to show my kids and my fellow citizens that I don't hate Obama, I hate what he DOES.  Let's face it, "I'm not Obama" was not enough to get a win for McCain, and it won't be enough to get a win for a Player To Be Named Later. We have to use this time as "salutary neglect" - when the British ignored the colonists while screwing them over and eventually we got mad and fought for our independence. The American people can do that again, we use the media ignoring us, the credit-hogging Dems, we use it as an opportunity, and we emerge free from this kind of BS in the future.

Are you a Red Mom  living in a Blue State? Come join us!

http://redmombluestate.blogspot.com Blog
http://www.cafemom.com/group/redmombluestate Forum Group

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
spababy120
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I didn't than kyou in my other post but I am thanking you here. Thanks so much for the pep talk.  I am struggling not to hate him. it is a battle for me right now. I need help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)