Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salvation Study lesson 3 Holy Ghost

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 238 Total Views
Salvation Study New Birth Experience-Step 3 Receiving The Holy Ghost

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The third step Peter speaks of necessary for salvation is the baptism of The Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues.Seeking is more than just praying at an alter,it is validating the experience with The Word of God scripturally.Once we understand that it is scriptural and that God expects everyone to get The Holy Ghost as part of the salvation plane we will receive it.The New Testament allows Jesus himself to dwell within them in Spirit form as The Holy Ghost.
The Holy Ghost is available to us at any moment,it is conditioned entirely on our ability to believe to the extent of unconditional surrender to Him.One must not allow any distractions.Keep worshipping and praising Him.It is not mere words but the expression of an attitude that grips a person.
We must;
1)Receive instruction
2)Set one's mind on the promise
3)Wait,and while waiting praise and bless God until the promise comes
4) When the person is ready,the filling will come immediately
5)Often as one is praying,some unfinished business comes to mindand needs to be taken care of.For example,the apostles chose Matthias to replace Judas as they waited for the outpouring of THe Holy Ghost.Unfinished business has caused many to fail to receive God's promise of The Holy Ghost until you take care of it.If unfinished business comes to you in prayer,take care of it at once.If a person truly repents,it creates unhindered faith and a clear conscious opens that door of receiving.

The Holy Ghost shall come when we become thoroughly convinced that we need to seek Him with all our heart and soul.God is available with The Holy Ghost all the time,it is simply a matter of yielding all of our members,including our most unruly member-our tongue-and then we will be receiving the full gift of salvation(See Romans 6:16-19)

So many people upon receiving the Holy Ghost think they have reached the ultimate in God.That is true to a sense,but there is much more to living,maturing,and working for Him.We cannot afford to be at ease in our newfound walk with God.IITim3:16-17 illistrates the importance of studying the Word of God.Prayer is also very crucial.These two factors are crucial to our future.Make studying His Word,Prayer,repentance,getting water baptism In Jesus Name,receiving the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues,and fasting a regular consistent part of your walk,if not daily.God wants to keep us and stand by our side.He enables,empowers,strengthens,fortifies,qualifies,and authorizes us to do His Will.  

Let's look at scriptural back up for all this to help us digest and accept it.

Acts 2:38-41-"Then Peter said unto them,Repent and be baptized evereyone of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,and ye shall receive the gift of The Holy Ghost.For the promise is unto you,and to your children,and to all that are afar off,even as many as The Lord our God shall call.And with many other words did He testify and exhort,saying save yourselves from this unto ward generation.Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls". 
Acts 19;2 When Paul discovered their lack of knowledge about the Holy Ghost at Ephesus,he immediately instructed them so that they could receive.Waiting periods are necessary only when proper instructions have not been given.A person will not receive The Holy Ghost unless he has some knowledge that motivates him to seek it.(See Matt 6;33;Matt 5;6;Luke 24:49;Acts 1:13-14)
John 3:5 Jesus tells Nicodemus he could not enter the kingdom of God without receiving The Holy Ghost.
Acts 1 4,5,7,8 "And being assembled together with them commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem,but wait for the promise of The Father,which sayeth He,ye have heard of me.For John truly baptized with water,but ye shall be baptized with The Holy Ghost not many days hence.And He said unto them,it is not for you to know the times or the seasons,which the Father hath put in His own power.But ye shall receive power after that The Holy Ghost is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea,and in Samria,and unto the uttermost part of the Earth."

(see also Acts 2;1-33-The Day of Pentecost account)  

John 14;26-27 "And the Comforter,which is The Holy Ghost,whomThe Father will send in my Name,He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your rememberance,whatsoever I have said unto you.Peace I leave with you,my peace I give unto you;not as the world giveth,give I unto you;let not your heart be troubled,neither let it be afraid."  

Acts 10;44-48 Shows the first infilling of The Holy Ghost on the Gentiles

Acts 15;8-9 Paul and Barnabas at Jerusalem confirms He gives Gentiles the Holy Ghost as well,putting no difference between Jews and Gentiles.

John 1;33-34 "And I knew Him not;but He that sent me to baptize with water,the same said unto me.Upon whom thou shall see The Spirit descending,and remaining on Him,the same is He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.I saw and bare record that this is The Son Of God. "

Acts 5;29-32"Peter and apostles answered we ought to God rather then men.God raised up Jesus,whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and Savior,for repentance of Israel,a nd forgiveness of sins.And we are His witnesses of these things;and so is also the Holy Ghost,whom are God hath given to them that obey Him"

II Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man,but holy men of God spake as they were moved by The Holy Ghost."

Titus 3;5-6 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done,but according to His mercy He saved us,by the washing of regeneration,and renewing of The Holy Ghost.Which He shed on us abundantly thru Jesus Christ Our Savior."

Acts 19:1-6 Paul travels thru Turkey,arrives at Ephesus rebaptizing them in Jesus Name and laying hands on them to receive The Holy Ghost with evidence of other tongues,and prophesied.

(See Also John 14;16-18,26,27;Acts 14-5;Acts 1:8;Acts 2:1-12;Acts 8:13-17;Acts 5:30-32:Acts 19;1-6;Acts 9:17;Acts 15:8;John 1:33;John 14;26-27;Romans 8;9;Mark 16;17) 

This is alot to take in and we should pray and ask God to help us to understand and accept His Word on the matter.Take your time and really let Him direct you.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you may have and we will be here to help you in any way we can.It is alot to comprehend and we understand.

In the next lesson,we will look at Why tongues were used as evidence of receiving the Holy Ghost....as well as Speaking in tongues for salvation vs as a spiritual gift.

Thank you and enjoy as you meditate on this lesson thoughtfully.

libertybelle62 
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)