Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Itchy arms and headaches - does your family deal with this too?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 642 Total Views

About six months ago, after learning some disturbing things about my household products, I decided to do something about it.

You see, for several years my husband and my son, both suffered from skin irritation. To put it plainly,  they would get really itchy. This was especially disturbing at night, while trying to sleep, I would hear my husband scratching his arms. Then he would get up, all frustrated, go to the medicine cabinet, and try this cream, or that one.

I tried to solve the problem. I would buy the dye and perfume free laundry detergents, and all sorts of anti itch creams and lotions. Nothing really helped.

In addition to that my son was itchy during the day, and kept changing shirts, 4,5,6 times a day, saying the shirts made him itch.  The poor guy would also get a headache every time I ran my dishwasher.

I wanted them both to feel better, but I didn't know what to do, and felt helpless. "I guess this is just part of life" , I told myself.

Until... I met a mom who told me life does not have to be that way. She shared with me some very important information that I was not aware of concerning household cleaners and laundry detergents. I learned that the chemicals used in those products I was buying at the grocery store, were very dangerous, and toxic, and are linked to many health problems. I also learned that many of my personal care products contain harmful ingredients as well, that are linked to cancer.  How upsetting and disturbing is that?

The good news is that there are alternatives.  There are companies out there that have created safer and healthier ways for us to clean our clothes and our houses. And there are personal care products who help us maintain our hygiene without the compromise of exposure to carcinogens.

Just because our moms, who trusted that what is sold to them at the grocery stores was safe,  used certain products, doesn't mean that we need to do the same, after finding out that they are not.  We must be responsible with the information  that is available to us today.

So... I made the switch. You will not find toxic chemicals in my household cleaners, or in my laundry detergent. My family is happier and safer. NO MORE ITCHING: ) And NO MORE HEADACHES: )  We also feel good about the fact that we are not polluting the earth each time we clean, shower or wash our clothes.

Now I help other families do the same as I did. Swithch to safer and healthier products that really work and do the job, and this, without changing the household budget.  I love it!

If you would like to make your home a healthier and safer place for your family, or if your family is suffering with headaches, allergies, or skin irritation, and you are tired of it and want to do something about it, visit my website and ask for more information.

www.livetotalwellness.com/tally

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Divamom6
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Cool thanks for sharing!

jgv
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Hi my name is JoAnn and I too love their products. The products have made such a huge difference in our lives.  My kids and I are always using the painatrate. I have to buy the 3 pack every month. I love sharing this informaton to other families who dont know what bad toxins we have in everyday products we use.

Joann Gonzalez

Work At Home United

www.LiveTotalWellness.com/jbk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)