Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DINNER MENU PLANS FOR DECEMBER!!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2008 at 9:59 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 615 Total Views

OK IM JUST GETTING STARTED BUT HERE IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR..IM GONNA BE UPDATING SOON JUST WANTED TO ADD THESE-

OKAY UPDATED SOME-STILL WILL BE ADDING MORE,DECIDED TO CHANGE SOME,NOT IN ANY ORDER.

I MAKE EVERYTHING HOMEMADE SO IF YOU WANT A RECIPE FEEL FREE TO PM ME!!!

I USE 93/7 HAMBURGER MEAT,OR GROUND TURKEY,BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS,LEAN STEAK 95/5,AND THATS REALLY ALL THE MEAT WE EAT USUALLY.

I BUY FROZEN VEGGIES,FROZEN FRUIT,AND FRESH FRUIT

FAT FREE MILK-DID YOU KNOW THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN MILKS IS FAT CONTENT,ALL THE SAME AMOUNT OF VITAMINS

LIGHT BUTTER-LESS FAT AND CALORIES THAN ANY OTHER KINDS,EVEN I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER,I JUST SAY THAT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE ABOUT THE SAME,BUT I WAS WRONG

NORMALLY DONT ADD OILS,ALWAYS TURNS OUT GREAT!BUT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TOO.TRY AND USE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!

I MARK THROUGH WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY EATEN,WE HAD THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS FOR A FEW DAYS,LOL!!!YUMMY!!!

CHICKEN TACOS,MOLA AND RICE,FRUIT SALAD

BISCUIT ,TURKEY GRAVY,TURKEY BACON,SCRAMBLED EGGS,ORANGE JUICE

TACO SOUP,TOPPED WITH NACHOS,AND A LIL' 2% CHEESE,PEACHES

BBQ CHICKEN -MAIN-CORN ON THE COB-GRAIN-FRENCH STYLE GREEN BEANS-VEGGIE-FRUIT SMOOTHIES FOR -FRUIT

STEAK BURRITOS,ONLY NEED A FRUIT WITH THESE,MADE WITH STEAK,RICE,DICED TOMATO,AND GREEN CHILIES,PEACHES

TACOS,SPANISH RICE,BANANA PUDDING

MEAT BALL SUBS,SALAD,KIWIS

TURKEY BURRITOS THESE ARE A FULL MEAL IN ONE,SO FOR FRUIT STRAWBERRIES!!!

3 ENV. CHICKEN-GREEN BEANS,CORN,BAKED POTATO,PINEAPPLES-HAD YESTERDAY

ENCHILADAS,MEXICAN RICE,MANDARIN ORANGES

I MAKE ALOT OF MEXICAN RICE ON ENCHILADA NIGHT,SO THE NIGHT AFTER I MAKE MEXICAN RICE AND MOZZARELLA GRILLED TACOS,SALAD,AND FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CHIPS

MEATBALL SUBS,SALAD,FRUIT SALSA,AND CINNAMON CHIPS

CHICKEN N' DUMPLINGS,PEAS & CARROTS,STRAWBERRIES AND MY DIP

CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN,SERVED ON FETTUCINE NOODLES,MASHED POTATOES,ASPARUGUS,STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES

FRENCH BREAD PIZZA,SALAD,KIWIS

SPAGHETTI,SALAD,FRENCH BREAD,BAKED APPLES

MEXICAN PIZZAS,FRUIT SALSA AND CINNAMON CHIPS

CHICKEN FRIED RICE BUT I DONT ADD ANY BUTTERS OR OILS,EGG ROLLS,CRAB RANGOONS,EGG DROP SOUP,STEAMED BROCOLLI,STRAWBERRIES,WITH MY DIP FOR DESSERT

MY SAUSAGE,HAMB. DIP,VERY FATTENING BUT SOO YUMMY,WE ONLY HAVE THIS A FEW TIMES A YEAR,MY FRUIT SALSA,AND ORANGES

by on Nov. 15, 2008 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2kiddos
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Meal 1-crockpot chicken and rice, peas, rolls

Meal 2-baked ziti, garlic bread

Meal 3-corndogs, potato wedges

Meal 4-dressed chicken sandwiches, scalloped potatoes, veggie casserole

Meal 5-turkey w/gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans

Meal 6-black bean soup w/breadbowl and spinach dip

Meal 7-pizza, salad

Meal 8-build your own tacos

Meal 9-sweet and sour chicken

Meal 10-potato soup, hot ham n'cheese

Meal 11-fish sticks, onion rings, cheesey cauliflower bake

Meal 12-lasagna, fruit salad

ivelostmyself
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Spaghetti-garlic bread

Tacos-refried beans & rice

Steak-b. potato, salad, corn

Bbq chicken-salad, potatoes au gratin, green beans

Roast-potatoes, carrots, onions, gravy, rolls, cottage cheese

Homemade Chicken pot pies and salad

Steak alfredo-garlic bread

ivelostmyself
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 6:18 PM

hey patty! for your chicken steaks, i always do a mashed potato with it. you can use 1/2-2% milk and 1/2 fat free chicken broth to make it-makes it lower in fat. you can also add a pinch of splenda and a little bit of vinegar to it. it makes it have a "buttermilk mashed potato" taste. we dont like buttermilk by itself, but in the south, its all about buttermilk mashed potatoes! but that is a little more of a health conscious way to do it. imo you have to have potatoes with something like a chicken fry!

c_boerman
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 2:30 PM

HEllo ladies!!!

1. Steak with marinated worcheshire mushrooms, baked potato, steamed broccoli
  2. Zuppa Toscano (Olive Gardens copy cat soup) with crusty bread and butter
  3. Ravioli with marinara sauce or Alfredo and crunchy veggie salad
  4. Swedish meatballs served over rice
  5. leftovers or breakfast for dinner
  6. Brined whole chicken with ranch roasted red potatoes and sauteed green beans
  7. Ham, green bean casserole, mac and cheese
  8. Tator tot casserole
  9. Creamy pasta primavera with garlic bread
  10. Cheesy enchilladas with rice
  11. leftovers
  12. Chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese
  13. Pasta vodka sauce served over spaghetti noodles with a side salad
  14. leftover

eating

"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't ..... when life knocks you down you have two choices-stay down or get up!"

maddiesmama06
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Hey girls!!!  Here's what I have going on so far....

3rd-  Breakfast casserole, "fried" potatoes

4th- Chicken and Biscuit casserole

5th-  Pizza bagels, salad, fruit

6th-  Roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli

7th-  Roaster chicken, onion potatoes, mixed veggies

8th-  Hamburgers, hotdogs, mac and cheese, baked beanies

9th-  BBQ Pork chops, sweet potato souffle, broccoli

10th-  Fish sticks, mac and cheese, lima beans

11-  Spagetti pie, salad, bread

12-  Steak, rice and veggie

13-  Taco's , rice and spanish cheesy cornbread

14-  Tater tot casserole, bread

15-  Chili and grilled cheese

16-  Cheesy chicken and rice casserole, muffins

17-  Tortilla Tilapia, rice and veggie

18-  Quesadillas, black beans and rice

19-  Mexican chicken salads, dinner rolls

Patty24momof5
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2008 at 10:24 AM

THANKS!!!JUST SAW YOUR REPLY!ILL TRY THOSE,I DECIDED NOT TO MAKE THE CHICKEN STEAKS-I WAS THINKING ABOUT THEM BECAUSE WE HAVE NEVER EATEN THEM BUT DECIDED NO CAUSE ITS JUST NOT WHAT WE LIKE AND FIGURED THE KIDS AND HUBBY WOULD COMPLAIN,LOL,I USE FAT FREE MILK AND LIGHT BUTTER ALWAYS WHEN COOKING AND THAT HELPS TOO!

Quoting ivelostmyself:

hey patty! for your chicken steaks, i always do a mashed potato with it. you can use 1/2-2% milk and 1/2 fat free chicken broth to make it-makes it lower in fat. you can also add a pinch of splenda and a little bit of vinegar to it. it makes it have a "buttermilk mashed potato" taste. we dont like buttermilk by itself, but in the south, its all about buttermilk mashed potatoes! but that is a little more of a health conscious way to do it. imo you have to have potatoes with something like a chicken fry!

blackwidow4911
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Ok so my question is how do you plan a menu and stick to it. I have wanted to do this for a long time but I am horrible with following through with it but I need to do something I am tired of trying to decide what to fix every night.

Patty24momof5
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2008 at 11:18 AM

HELLO!WELCOME!CHECK OUT THE POSTS- HOW TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY BY PREPLANNING MEALS,AND NEW MOMS TO MEAL PLANNIING!IT SHOULD HELP.
IF YOU DO WHAT IT SAYS YOU WILL HAVE ALL THE INGREDIENTS AND JUST DECIDE THE DAY BEFORE LIKE ME WHAT YOUR HAVING TOMORROW AND PREMAKE TO HELP BE READY OR WHEN YOU GET UP THE NEXT DAY GET EVERYTHING OUT YOU NEED FOR IT AND WHEN YA CAN START MAKING IT!!!!THAT HELPS ME!I DONT PLAN DAY BY DAY,I JUST LOOK AT MY MENU LIST THE DAY BEFORE AND DECIDE!!!GOOD LUCK MOMMA!BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING MENUS!!!

Quoting blackwidow4911:

Ok so my question is how do you plan a menu and stick to it. I have wanted to do this for a long time but I am horrible with following through with it but I need to do something I am tired of trying to decide what to fix every night.

Patty24momof5
by Group Owner on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:21 AM

I TOLD MY MIL THIS RECIPE TOO SHES TRYING IT TOO!!!

Quoting ivelostmyself:

Fairysoul
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:40 PM

i can't really add anything yet, we need to go shopping, and i need to make a list lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)