Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAY DINNER MENU PLANS!

Posted by on May. 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 439 Total Views

OK  HERE IS MY MENU PLAN I HAD SO FAR FOR MAY- DECIDED SPAGHETTI with meatballs,meatballs made with mozzarella in the middle,yummy,and french bread pizza,need to use up some french sub bread,and sausage so figured wed eat this tonight!served with salad,and apples and either vanilla or peach flavored fruit dip!making both!

May 1st-Hawaiian chicken-served with homemade mac&cheese,baked beans,peas&carrots,wheat roll,those giant rolls are sooo good!First time for us trying Hawaiin chicken!Turned out to be good!

May 2nd-Mexican MEATLOAF-spanish rice,asparagus baked and then sauted in a pineapple juice I put together,pineapple chunks

May 3rd-NO PEEK BEEF TIPS-I made 2 flavors,one made with cream of mushroom the other cream of chicken,hubby hates mushrooms,is why,then made rice,and noodles choose what you wanted it served on,deep fryed- green beans,and fruit salsa and cinnamon chips to eat after

May-CHICKEN FETTUCINE ALFREDO,MASHED POTATOES,PEAS AND CARROTS,STEAMED THEN SAUTED GREEN BEANS,AND PEACHES!

May 5th-CHICKEN ENCHILADAS,MEXICAN RICE,PINEAPPLE CHUNKS-MILKSHAKES AND POPCORN LATER/MOVIE NIGHT-CATERING FAMILY-SERVED PIE AND SCOOP OF ICECREAM

May 6th-SPAGHETTI with meatballs,meatballs made with mozzarella in the middle,yummy,and french bread pizza,need to use up some french sub bread,and sausage so figured wed eat this tonight!served with salad,and apples and either vanilla or peach flavored fruit dip!making both!

May 7th-NACHOS,I NEED USE UP SOME SHREDDED LETTUCE SO MAKING THESE.I USE ALOT OF INGREDIENTS FOR THESE VERY FILLING SO ONLY SERVING -GRAPES,CANTALOUPE,AND STRAWBERRY WITH IT!AFTER I CLEAN THEM ALL I JUST STICK EM ALL TOGETHER IN A BOWL I THINK IT THEY TASTE BETTER THAT WAY!

MAY 8TH-BBQ SHREDDED BEEF ROAST SANDWICHES,SERVED WITH BAKED BEANS,PASTA SALAD,AND BANANA PUDDING!

MAY 9TH-Mini cheesburgers,with seasoned fries,leftover fruit salsa and cinnamon chips

May 10th-Im hoping to go out its Mothers Day & My BDAY!

MAY 11TH-I PROMISED KILEY ID WAIT FOR HER TO GET HOME BEFORE I MADE DINNER SHES GONNA HELP-SHE WANTS TO MAKE CHICKEN IN A SLEEPING BAG,SERVED WITH HER FAV,HOMEMEADE MAC& CHEESE,PEAS&CARROTS,AND STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES FOR DESSERT!

MAY 12TH-RICHARDS BDAY- HES DECIDING ON WHAT HE WANTS YO HELP MAKE&HAVE!

MAY 13TH-LASAGNA ,BREAD,SPINACH&ARTICHOKE DIP FOR DIPPING THE BREAD IN SOME OF US USE CRACKERS AND DIP OUR BREAD IN THE LASAGNA!SIDE SALAD IF CHOOSE SO,AND PEACH COBBLER!

MAY 14TH-CHIMICHANGAS,MEXICAN RICE-WE LOVE IT,LOL,STEAMED MIXED VEGGIES,STRAWBERRIES!

MAY 15TH-CHICKEN FRIED RICE,EGG ROLLS,STEAMED ASIAN MEDLEY VEGGIES,MANDARIN ORANGES

MAY 16TH-TACO BAKE,REFRIED BEANS,ASPARAGUS,HOWEVER I FEEL LIKE MAKING IT!APPLE PIE,WITH COOL WHIP!

MAY 17TH-PORK CHOPS WITH GOLDEN APPLESAUCE,BAKED RED POTATOES,QUARTERED & WITH BABY CARROTS,SALAD,APPLES WITH MY FRUIT DIP!

MAY 18TH-CHICKEN CHIMICHANGAS,MORE MEXICAN RICE,ITS JUST TOO GOOD!GRAPE,CANTALOUPE,AND STRAWBERRY MIXTURE, FOR DESSERT FRIED ICE CREAM,WEVE NEVER TRIED IT SO THOUGHT WE WOULD, CATER-NEIGHBORS HAVNT EITHER AND WOULD LIKE TOO!

MAY 19TH-MEXICAN PORK,REFRIED BEANS,TORTILLA CHIPS FOR DIPPING/OR FRENCH BREAD WHATEVER PREFER,CANTALOUPE,SMORES FOR DESSERT.

MAY 20TH-MORE CHOPS,LOL,SAUCY CHOPS,WITH MASHED POTATOES,GREEN BEANS,MACARONI SALAD,SALAD,STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES FOR DESSERT

MAY 21ST-CHICKEN NACHO BAKE,SOOO GOOD,WITH MEXICAN RICE,PINEAPPLE CHUNKS

MAY 22ND-HOT DOGS IN A BLANKET,AND SMOKED SAUSAGE BRAIDS FOR ADULTS,MY AIR IS BROKEN SO BEFORE THEY GET HERE TO FIX IT I CANT COOK LONG,LOL,GONNA HAVE WATERMELON,AND STEAMFRESH VEGGIES FROM MICROWAVE.

MAY 23RD-WE HAD PIZZA TONIGHT-WOW THAT WAS KINDA WEIRD,I REALIZED WHY I LIKE MY COOKING SO MUCH,LOL!

MAY 24TH-BREAKFAST,SAUSAGE EGG CHEESE,TOASTER SANDWICHES,HASH BROWNS,MANDARIN ORANGES!I ADDED A SLICE OF TOMATO ON MINE!

MAY 25TH

MAY 26TH

MAY 27TH

MAY 28TH

MAY 29TH

MAY 30TH-

MAY 31ST

CANT BELIVE ITS ALMOST JUNE!!!

by on May. 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Shadows00
by on Jun. 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM

MAY 17TH-PORK CHOPS WITH GOLDEN APPLESAUCE,BAKED RED POTATOES,QUARTERED & WITH BABY CARROTS,SALAD,APPLES WITH MY FRUIT DIP!

can i have the recipe for this day..it sounds so good!!!

Patty24momof5
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:37 AM

sure! sorry trying to get alot of the meals recipes posted but dont have them all up yet,there are alot of other yummo recipes under the recipe forum,if you havnt checked it out! I didnt know if you meant all so here are all of them,lol!

• Yield-6 servings

• Times:

Prep
    10 min

Cook
    15 min
    Total:
    25 min

Ingredients

• 4 Golden Delicious apples, chopped
    • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
    • 2 ounces golden raisins, a handful
    • 1-inch piece fresh ginger root
    • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
    • 2 cups all natural apple juice or cider, plus a splash for pan sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
    • 4 (1-inch) thick center cut boneless pork loin chops, 6 to 8 ounces each
    • Salt and pepper
    • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium pot placed over medium high heat and cook until a chunky sauce forms, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce begins to spatter as it bubbles, reduce heat back a little, but it should be allowed to reduce and form quickly. Once apples are soft and sauce forms, remove it from the heat.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to the pan. Season chops on 1 side with salt and pepper. Using a pair of tongs, add chops to hot skillet seasoned side down. Season the opposite side of the chops with salt and pepper. Brown and caramelize the chops 2 minutes on each side, then reduce heat to medium and cook another 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Remove chops from heat and let them rest a couple of minutes for juice to redistribute. Deglaze the pan with a splash of apple juice and 2 tablespoons of butter. Pour pan sauce over chops. Remove ginger from the sauce and top chops with generous portions of warm golden apple sauce.

-------------------------------------------

BAKED RED POTATOES QUARTERED W/ BABY CARROTS

BAKED-BABY RED POTATOES&CARROTS

THIS IS SOOO GOOD!

8 BABY RED POTATOES(CUT INTO QUARTERS)

1/2 16OZ BAG OF BABY CARROTS

IN LARGE BOWL ADD BOTH VEGGIES,THEN DRIZZLE ON 3TBSP. OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL,MIX AROUND MAKING SURE EACH POT,AND CARROT IS COATED.

COVER A BAKING SHEET,WITH FOIL,LIGHTLY SPRAYED WITH COOKING SPRAY,DUMP POTATOES AND CARROTS ONTO FOIL,SPREAD OUT EVENLY.BAKE AT 375,UNTIL TENDER.MELT 1TBSP OF LIGHT BUTTER,DRIZZLE ON POTATOES AND CARROTS,SPRINKLE ON A PINCH OF SALT. DONE,ENJOY!

FOR MY FRUIT DIP-I JUST USE ANY KIND OF THICK&CREAMY FAT FREE YOGURT,VANILLA,STRAWBERRY,AND PEACH MAINLY,-I PUT ABOUT 8 TBS OF THE YOGURT INTO A BOWL ADD SOME COOL WHIP-NOT FROM THE CAN-THE TUB,AFTER IT HAS BEEN OUT OF THE FREEZER FOR AN HR OR SO,WHENEVER ITS READY USE AND IS NOT SO FROZEN JUST WHIPPED LOOKING,ADD HALF OF THE 8OZ TUB TO THE YOGURT,AND DONE!ITS SOO GOOD WITH REALLY ALL KINDS OF FRUIT-JUST TAKE A PIECE OF FRUIT DIP AND ENJOY!

Quoting Shadows00:

Shadows00
    by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Quoting Patty24momof5:

sure! sorry trying to get alot of the meals recipes posted but dont have them all up yet,there are alot of other yummo recipes under the recipe forum,if you havnt checked it out! I didnt know if you meant all so here are all of them,lol!

• Yield-6 servings

• Times:

Prep
    10 min

Cook
    15 min
    Total:
    25 min

Ingredients

• 4 Golden Delicious apples, chopped
    • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
    • 2 ounces golden raisins, a handful
    • 1-inch piece fresh ginger root
    • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
    • 2 cups all natural apple juice or cider, plus a splash for pan sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
    • 4 (1-inch) thick center cut boneless pork loin chops, 6 to 8 ounces each
    • Salt and pepper
    • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium pot placed over medium high heat and cook until a chunky sauce forms, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce begins to spatter as it bubbles, reduce heat back a little, but it should be allowed to reduce and form quickly. Once apples are soft and sauce forms, remove it from the heat.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to the pan. Season chops on 1 side with salt and pepper. Using a pair of tongs, add chops to hot skillet seasoned side down. Season the opposite side of the chops with salt and pepper. Brown and caramelize the chops 2 minutes on each side, then reduce heat to medium and cook another 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Remove chops from heat and let them rest a couple of minutes for juice to redistribute. Deglaze the pan with a splash of apple juice and 2 tablespoons of butter. Pour pan sauce over chops. Remove ginger from the sauce and top chops with generous portions of warm golden apple sauce.

-------------------------------------------

BAKED RED POTATOES QUARTERED W/ BABY CARROTS

BAKED-BABY RED POTATOES&CARROTS

THIS IS SOOO GOOD!

8 BABY RED POTATOES(CUT INTO QUARTERS)

1/2 16OZ BAG OF BABY CARROTS

IN LARGE BOWL ADD BOTH VEGGIES,THEN DRIZZLE ON 3TBSP. OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL,MIX AROUND MAKING SURE EACH POT,AND CARROT IS COATED.

COVER A BAKING SHEET,WITH FOIL,LIGHTLY SPRAYED WITH COOKING SPRAY,DUMP POTATOES AND CARROTS ONTO FOIL,SPREAD OUT EVENLY.BAKE AT 375,UNTIL TENDER.MELT 1TBSP OF LIGHT BUTTER,DRIZZLE ON POTATOES AND CARROTS,SPRINKLE ON A PINCH OF SALT. DONE,ENJOY!

FOR MY FRUIT DIP-I JUST USE ANY KIND OF THICK&CREAMY FAT FREE YOGURT,VANILLA,STRAWBERRY,AND PEACH MAINLY,-I PUT ABOUT 8 TBS OF THE YOGURT INTO A BOWL ADD SOME COOL WHIP-NOT FROM THE CAN-THE TUB,AFTER IT HAS BEEN OUT OF THE FREEZER FOR AN HR OR SO,WHENEVER ITS READY USE AND IS NOT SO FROZEN JUST WHIPPED LOOKING,ADD HALF OF THE 8OZ TUB TO THE YOGURT,AND DONE!ITS SOO GOOD WITH REALLY ALL KINDS OF FRUIT-JUST TAKE A PIECE OF FRUIT DIP AND ENJOY!

Quoting Shadows00:

thank you thank you thank you!!!! going to do this tomorrow!!

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN