Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

introduce yourselves

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 705 Total Views

lets introduce ourselves. Whats your name, what part of vermont, children, what you like to do and anything that you just want to add about yourself.

I am Melissa the group owner. I am from Rutland City. I am married to a wonderful husband and father. I have a 2 year old daughter and expecting a boy in 5 weeks. I just started doings arts and crafts with my daughter. She is now at that age to do things with.

My favorite holiday is right around the corner. I love the fact of having family together. I love to give and help out others when i am able to. This year has been really hard for us. We just moved into a new apartment and money is really tight now.

I just want to welcome you all to join in on the post and please respect everyone.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
vtlawyermama
by New on Jan. 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Hi, my name is Sara and I live in Randolph, VT with my boyfriend of 7 years, and our DS Dylan, who is now 7 weeks old. I have been home with DS since he was born, and will be returning to work gradually, beginning soon.

I am really enjoying being a mom, and watching DS grow. We had a wonderful holiday that included a trip to MA to see my parents and other relatives as well as Christmas dinner here with my boyfriend's family in Central VT. As far as things I like to do, spending time with DS is #1 but I also enjoy cooking - especially baking, working, and volunteering as a children's advocate in family court. Money is definitely very tight around here too, especially since I had to stop working earlier in my pregnancy than I had planned for. I look forward to meeting and chatting with all of the other VT mamas. Stay warm!boy kissing mom

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
jkg0679
by New on Jan. 12, 2010 at 7:41 PM

My name is Jacky. I live in Hardwick with my 2 kiddos: Sierra is 9 and Tyler is 2. We have 2 cats (Jasper and Mookie) and an English Mastiff named Ruby. I work from home for two companies: one is a health search engine, which I have been with for almost 2 years, and the other is a company where I do freelance writing. I am not getting rich by any means, but the mortage & other bills are paid, and I am home with my children. That's all that matters for me...I figure I have the rest of my life to get rich! :)

I was divorced in September. My ex-husband moved to Massachusetts, so, while is does pay child support consistently, he is not around as much as I'd like physically. That can make it tough (stressful) at times. Being that I work from home, am a single mom, and live on a dirt road in a small town, I have little time/opportunity for meeting other moms & having some adult companionship. Thank God for the net and social networking sites! lol

Anyways, I look forward to watching this group grow & meet some new friends along the way. Oh, and a huge congrats to the moms who posted before me on your latest arrivals! :)

Undomesticated
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Hi, I'm new to the group.  I'm a stay-at-home mom to 1 beautiful 21 month old little boy, Corbin.  I live in Belmont with my husband, Pat, and our son.  I do make custom made diaper cakes on the side as well as baked goods.  However, I'm also going to school online for my degree in Business and Marketing.  So, with school and taking care of Corbin I don't really do a lot of business.  But, that will hopefully change since some of our friends just bought a store in Ludlow and asked to sell my baked goods there.

I'm originally from Michigan, but moved here 5 years ago after serving in the Air Force for 5 years.  I met my husband after moving here, and we've been together ever since.  He's originally from this area.

I am usually pretty shy in person, which gets mistaken for being stuck up.  I do much better with meeting people online.  Although, being a stay-at-home mom with no friends in the area, I crave to meet new moms to potentially get to know.

CookieQueen67
by New on Mar. 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Hi, I'm Anissa. I live in Rutland City. I've been here since 1993. I'm originally from Williamstown, VT. I'm married and have 3 children. The two oldest are my dh's children that I adopted when they were 5 & 7. They are now 25 & 23. Their bio mom passed away from cancer. We have a 10 yr old ds. I'm a home child care provider and have been since 1995. I also care for my 89 yr old FIL. He has lived with us since 1997. He is a very difficult person most of the time but I feel like this is what needs to be done. I can't throw him in the streets. wave

newmommyas1107
by Melissa on Mar. 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Welcome Nice to meet you

Quoting CookieQueen67:

Hi, I'm Anissa. I live in Rutland City. I've been here since 1993. I'm originally from Williamstown, VT. I'm married and have 3 children. The two oldest are my dh's children that I adopted when they were 5 & 7. They are now 25 & 23. Their bio mom passed away from cancer. We have a 10 yr old ds. I'm a home child care provider and have been since 1995. I also care for my 89 yr old FIL. He has lived with us since 1997. He is a very difficult person most of the time but I feel like this is what needs to be done. I can't throw him in the streets. wave

PaganBride
by on Apr. 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Hi ladies! I'm Casey and i live in Woodstock, Vt with my DF, DD, our dogs (Mainie & Mickey. a Pitbull and a Red Boston terrier.) and SD and SS every other weekend. We are getting married this July, though it's actually a handfasting. We are Pagan, and try to bring our spirituality into our everyday lives.

I'm a SAHM, I play bass, and have a LOT of tattoos and piercings. My DD will be 1 in two weeks and will be raised to know that different is good and that you don't have to be the head cheerleader or a size 4 to be beautiful. I have a very open mind and try not to judge other people based on what they think is right, just because it isn't what I think is right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I try to respect that.

Anyway, there's a little bit about me :)

newmommyas1107
by Melissa on Apr. 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I agree with you. I am not a size 4 or even a size 14 and was not a cheerleader. Not the most popular but I like being different. I think you are doing a good thing teacher her that everyone is different.

Nice to meet you.

Quoting PaganBride:

Hi ladies! I'm Casey and i live in Woodstock, Vt with my DF, DD, our dogs (Mainie & Mickey. a Pitbull and a Red Boston terrier.) and SD and SS every other weekend. We are getting married this July, though it's actually a handfasting. We are Pagan, and try to bring our spirituality into our everyday lives.

I'm a SAHM, I play bass, and have a LOT of tattoos and piercings. My DD will be 1 in two weeks and will be raised to know that different is good and that you don't have to be the head cheerleader or a size 4 to be beautiful. I have a very open mind and try not to judge other people based on what they think is right, just because it isn't what I think is right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I try to respect that.

Anyway, there's a little bit about me :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)