Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This seems strange to me

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

There are 2 houses near my best friend. One, as soon as I found out it had a pool I never considered it again (Outdoor pools in Iowa don't do well & I'm not crazy about swimming). The other is an adorable split level 4 bedroom house but had very little info listed about it on realtors.com. It looks like it is probably a foreclosure or short sale. And I know the pool house is a foreclosure. While we aren't quite ready to buy yet I wanted to know more about the 4 bedroom and emailed the realtor 3 times. I let at least a week go by in between each email and didn't hear from her until the nearly a week after the 3rd email. I didn't say much in any of the emails. Just asking for a little more info & if FHA Loans can be used to purchase it. I even gave my phone # but didn't get any calls either. So the response was very short. She said the house I was asking about is sold. And that was it. And all of a sudden it was off the Realtors.com website as well as the pool house was no longer there. However, I went to my best friend's house today and both houses still have the 'For Sale' signs up. I just checked and neither are on Realtors.com. So are these houses really sold? Usually when a house sells around here a big ol' 'SOLD' sticker goes over the sign. Does anyone know what might be going on here?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RealtorHolly
by Group Admin on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:27 AM

It probably is in escrow, a pending sale status.  When I move a house from an Active listing to a Pending sale status---it drops off all the public sites including Realtor. com.  However, you may want to double check with a different Realtor (one that is going to be responsive to your questions!)

As for the SOLD sign, different agents do it different ways.  I rarely use the sold or pending sale banners.  The reason, I still want sign calls---I may pick up a new client OR if their house does fall out of escrow for whatever reason I still can have a list of potentially interested Buyers for them.  Most people don't call on a house that has a sold sign on it --- with that line of thinking you would believe the listing agent would have called you back.

Hope that helps.

Holly Bawcum

Associate Broker, Albuquerque, NM

RE/MAX Alliance Realtors

Charbear76
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Quoting RealtorHolly:

It probably is in escrow, a pending sale status.  When I move a house from an Active listing to a Pending sale status---it drops off all the public sites including Realtor. com.  However, you may want to double check with a different Realtor (one that is going to be responsive to your questions!)

As for the SOLD sign, different agents do it different ways.  I rarely use the sold or pending sale banners.  The reason, I still want sign calls---I may pick up a new client OR if their house does fall out of escrow for whatever reason I still can have a list of potentially interested Buyers for them.  Most people don't call on a house that has a sold sign on it --- with that line of thinking you would believe the listing agent would have called you back.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that's kind of what I thought. Or I also thought maybe the bank or agency that bought the houses were going to clean them up & try selling at a higher price. I was certainly turned off by the way the realtor emailed me back. You would think even if it is sold she might want me as a client and offer to help me in my search.

I will still keep my eye on that one, though. Its in the perfect neighborhood. And we do have a wonderful Realtor to help us after credit repair & our loan gets approved. He actually worked for a charity for several years as a family counselor and comes highly recommended.

You Realtor gals are great! I wish you lived in my area! Thanks again for you help! :)

RealtorHolly
by Group Admin on Mar. 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Thank you! That made my day!

kn2418
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Wow, with qualified buyers being at a premium, I'm surprised, too, at the agent's behavior! Some agents just don't get email at all. That agent probably just handles REO sales and not buyers. They get so little commission per house that they have to take too many on to make a living and most do a poor sales job.

Holly said pretty much what I thought - it was sold and the took their time getting back to you. That is where a good buyer's agent can assist you. You said you have a good Realtor - USE HIM! He can do the research and legwork for you. Don't worry about "bothering him" - he needs to be the front guy in order to get paid - so call him for EVERYTHING. He'll want you to. I tell all of my clients that! If you contact the listing agents directly, there is a good chance you won't be able to use your good agent in the transaction - you'll be stuck working with the listing agent.

Kristin
Questions about buying or selling real estate? Check out my Real Estate Tips & Real Estate Marketplace groups!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/RealEstateTips
http://www.cafemom.com/group/RealEstateMarketplace
http://www.cafemom.com/group/agelesslove
http://bestmilwaukeehomes.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)