Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

hello everyone,

I am trying to buy a home in katy,richmond or sugarland area in texas. I haven't  started

anything yet but i am interested in a fha loan and trying to do everything before december 1st to

get the tax credit. I am working on  saving money for the downpayment, closing and all the

other expenses I am trying really hard. Anyone know of any home buying incentives in these

areas or  texas.I know some builders have diff incentives but they usually want you to use their

mortgage company.I really need something under the 120's.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RealtorHolly
by Group Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:07 AM

You may qualify for MFA money.  Call a lender (or two) and find out where you are and what you need to do.  You may be able to get a Seller to pay your closing costs and with down payment assistance----short of a bit of earnest money down, you may be qualified to buy with very little or no down! Good luck.

Holly Bawcum

Associate Broker, Albuquerque, NM

RE/MAX Alliance Realtors

Kristenn
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM

If you are interested in moving a little more south like the La Porte area where I live, if you are a first time home buyer and want to stay in the house for at LEAST 5 years, there is a $2,000 down payment program where they give you $2,000 for the down payment/ closing and 30% interest back on your taxes every year that you live there. You have to pay $75 to take this course and it's a one time 8 hour course on a Saturday. Also, on TOP of that. There are a couple new houses here for around $120,000. If you get this brand new house, they will also give you a $14,900 down payment!!!!!!!! DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PAID BACK!! That's $16,900 right there for a down payment. So, you could get in a new home for $104,000!! You also have to come up with a little though. I believe it's a portion of the 3.5% but not the whole thing. So this is a brand new house for that much money. I wish I could afford it right now, but we are stuck under $80,000. There are some really nice new houses here. We are an up and coming town. They are re-building the beach and making a cruise terminal here and stuff like that. Also, if the house is used, can only be up to 10 years old, they will give you $9,000 towards the down payment instead of the $14,900. PLUS you get the $8,000 tax credit on your taxes next year! How awesome is that!! It really is the time to buy right now. Also, I would always try and get the seller to pay closing costs.

Co-sleeping, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, no cry-it-out, non-vaxing, type of mama.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

sweetness83
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Thanks for the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)