Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

benefits of prayer

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

1.  prayer changes your circumstances:  matthew 7:8 "everyone who asks, receives" and james 4:2 " you dont' have because you don't ask"

2.  prayer mends relationships:  when you pray, you open 0ourself up to God and allow him to work in the situation you're praying about.

3.  prayer helps you physically:  the bible offers many examples of God's healing physical ailments when prayed about

4.  prayer helps you emotionally:  through prayer God can free you from the bondage of memories and past sine and provide a release in such a way that they no longer become a dominating force in your life.

5.  prayer changes you:  when you are truly open to God's answer, you --not the circumstances--are often what changes

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyoftwo395
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Thank You for posting this.  It reminds me just how imporant daily prayer is not only for our relationship with the lord but also for our heath...Thanks

lyrick24
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:56 AM

morning prayer

the entire day receives order and discipline when it aquires unity.this unity must be sought and found in morning prayer. it is confirmed in work.the morning prayer determines the day. squandered time of which we are ashamed, temptations to which we succumb, weakness and lack of courage in work, disorganization and lack of discipline in our thoughts and in our conversation with othermen, all have their origin most often in the neglect of morning prayer.

order and distribution of our time become more firm where they originate in prayer. tenptations which accompany the working day will be conquered on the basis of the morning breakthrough to god.  decisions, demanded by work, become easier and simpler where they are made not in the fear of men but only in the sight of god...even mechanical work is done in a more patient way if it arises from the recognition of god and his command. the powers to work take hold, therefore, at the place where we have prayed to god.

i seek you in the morning, lord, when the world

is quiet, before the busy demands of the day.

i turn my schedule over to you-take my day

and live your life through me. amen

backroadsmom
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:50 AM

you rock

Cenedra64
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Quoting lyrick24:

morning prayer

the entire day receives order and discipline when it aquires unity.this unity must be sought and found in morning prayer. it is confirmed in work.the morning prayer determines the day. squandered time of which we are ashamed, temptations to which we succumb, weakness and lack of courage in work, disorganization and lack of discipline in our thoughts and in our conversation with othermen, all have their origin most often in the neglect of morning prayer.

order and distribution of our time become more firm where they originate in prayer. tenptations which accompany the working day will be conquered on the basis of the morning breakthrough to god.  decisions, demanded by work, become easier and simpler where they are made not in the fear of men but only in the sight of god...even mechanical work is done in a more patient way if it arises from the recognition of god and his command. the powers to work take hold, therefore, at the place where we have prayed to god.

i seek you in the morning, lord, when the world

is quiet, before the busy demands of the day.

i turn my schedule over to you-take my day

and live your life through me. amen

oh that is a good one!  Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)