Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are spiritual gifts?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 420 Total Views

Spiritual Gifts are not to be confused with fruits of the spirit although both are evidence of the Holy Spirit of God in the life of a christian.  Spiritual gifts are not rewards and cannot be earned.  They are not natural talents which are bestowed at physical birth, spiritual gifts are bestowed at spiritual birth. 

So what are spiritual gifts then?  They are the primary channel by which the Holy Spirit ministers to other people.  They are supernatural capacities and supernatural desires (1Tm 3:1 Psm 37:4).  They are the tools of doing the work of ministry and a source of joy in christian life (Eph 4:7).  They are a divine calling and a divine responsibility (Eph 4:1). 

What exactly are the spiritual gifts?  They are:  wisdom, knoweledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discernment, speaking in tongues, interpretation of tongues, mercy, evangelism, teaching, pastoring, apostle and administration.  (1 Cor 12) Unlike fruits of the spirit which all may possess all of,  you may possess one or more spiritual gifts but not all possess all spiritual gifts.   (1Cor 12)

by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
txmom-o-3
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:29 PM

hehehe,  you're in my head.  The first paragraph is almost word for word what I started typing up last night.  I never finished it though, got sidetracked.

I have done alot of studying on the gifts of the Spirit.  I love this post.

Cenedra64
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Thanks....have ya'll ever met people you can just see the light in their eyes shining.  You just know they're filled with the spirit.   When you talk to em they're just the most peaceful people and wonderful to speak with.   I love running into people like that

sandiemac
by queen bee on Aug. 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)