Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who pays?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

My SD just moved several states from us this past September. She called and says she wants to come up for Thanksgiving. What's the rule on this? Who pays? Do we split it? (probably have to demand BM pays 1/2, though from what we hear she hasnt' found a job yet) Or just absorb the cost? I know my DH wants to see her and will this occur everytime we want to see her???? I definitely don't think it should be our expense all the time. (she still gets the same in cs)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
laird6372
by Group Owner on Nov. 14, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Since BM moved SD away, BM would be responsible for the costs. However, until you have it in a CO, you may want to work with her on it, because she could easily just not pay for it and force you all to pay or not get that visitation. I highly suggest getting a new CO regarding parenting time and transportation if things are being done differently. 

marinespregnant bellytoddler girltoddler boybaby girl
Proud momma of 3 kids, two of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!  And we are expecting another miracle!

Dicea
by Member on Nov. 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I agree, a new CO needs to be done. I know my DH won't pursue it though (and I'm sure BM knows too). The original order (12 years old) states that he gets everyother holiday, so I'm curious how this will play out with Thanksgiving, Christams, and New Years so close together? We'll see, thanks for your input!

laird6372
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Wow. The CO is 12 years old?! I would suggest a new one simply for that fact! So much could have (and probably has) changed in that time! And if the BM isn't willing to cooperate, then he definitely needs a new one. He also needs to get the holidays specified (even years, odd years, every year) for each important holiday (mothers day, father's day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, etc). That's crazy that they don't have it specified and haven't for 12 years!

Quoting Dicea:

I agree, a new CO needs to be done. I know my DH won't pursue it though (and I'm sure BM knows too). The original order (12 years old) states that he gets everyother holiday, so I'm curious how this will play out with Thanksgiving, Christams, and New Years so close together? We'll see, thanks for your input!

marinespregnant bellytoddler girltoddler boybaby girl
Proud momma of 3 kids, two of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!  And we are expecting another miracle!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)