Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plan b is it right??????

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 2:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

ok  you are getting ready to have sex and you have no form of birth controll. they are a pill called plan b it is 50.00 and you get it over the counter by your pharmaces. also you have to be 18

does this teach ppl that it is ok to do this??

will this cause more ppl to get std??

should you have to have to see a dr to get this??

should you have to be 18??

smile minisara-bethtattoo

by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gracesmommy22
by Group Owner on Nov. 20, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Plan B Should NOT be used as a form of birth control! I believe you should only be able to get it in a Doctors office. I don't think you should HAVE to be 18 to get it as log as it's from a doctors office.
tahlulahbelle
by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Plan B is exactly what the name implies. Not your first course of prevention just something you can use in case your first method fails. I do not think that Plan B will contribute to the rise in STDs because it is not promoted as a regular form of birth control. Just something to use as backup.

gracesmommy22
by Group Owner on Nov. 21, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Quoting tahlulahbelle:

Plan B is exactly what the name implies. Not your first course of prevention just something you can use in case your first method fails. I do not think that Plan B will contribute to the rise in STDs because it is not promoted as a regular form of birth control. Just something to use as backup.

But if girls no that thats there to back them up..it's just another reason to NOT use a condom
MrsRStewart
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 3:42 PM

The Bible says that sex before marriage is a sin.  The Bible says that murder is a sin, and it says that life begins at conception.  Therefore, abortion is a sin.  So plab b is a sin and is wrong.

gracesmommy22
by Group Owner on Dec. 11, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Quoting MrsRStewart:

The Bible says that sex before marriage is a sin.  The Bible says that murder is a sin, and it says that life begins at conception.  Therefore, abortion is a sin.  So plab b is a sin and is wrong.

I am Christian and I believe all those things you just stated. BUT Plan b does not kill a baby. IT stops the sperm from getting to the egg. It STOPS the contraception if the sperm has already reached the egg it does nothing.
pmcres
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:23 AM

I don't think it's wrong, but it should only be available from a Dr.   it shouldn't be used as a form of birth control..

MrsRStewart
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I know this is a late reply, but if anyone checks this...  I haven't checked this site in awhile (sorry).

Plan B is not just merely birth control.  This is how it works:

Plan B acts primarily by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It may prevent the union of sperm and egg (fertilization). If fertilization does occur, Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation). If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B, Plan B will not work. http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/planB/planBQandA.htm

Plan B makes sure that if conception occurs, it is not able to attach to the womb.  That is murder, since you are making sure that baby has no chance to live. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)