Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Literature

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

Tell me ladies: What do you like to read? I'm a fan of the classics, and the great philosophers. I also have an interest in religious texts and supernatural romance/erotica. Other than that, I'm a manga junkie, but these days I don't really have the money to fuel my addiction.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ElderGothMom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I'll read just about anything providing that it is well written.  Right now I am reading the Genesis of Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks.  I am a big fan of that fantasy/sci-fi series books.  My favorite is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.  I am also a big fan of historical fiction.  Margaret George and Edward Rutherfurd have some great books in that genre.  I am also addicted to Laurell K. Hamilton books and the Vampire Hunter D novels.

lilmissscareall
by Group Owner on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Quoting ElderGothMom:

I'll read just about anything providing that it is well written.  Right now I am reading the Genesis of Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks.  I am a big fan of that fantasy/sci-fi series books.  My favorite is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.  I am also a big fan of historical fiction.  Margaret George and Edward Rutherfurd have some great books in that genre.  I am also addicted to Laurell K. Hamilton books and the Vampire Hunter D novels.

I LOVE Terry Brooks. I started reading him in the 6th grade with "The Sword of Shanarra." I have to admit that he ripped off "Lord of the Rings" with the premise for that one, but it was an excellent read nonetheless. I haven't gotten my hands on many of the newer Shanarra books though.

ElderGothMom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Quoting lilmissscareall:

Quoting ElderGothMom:

I LOVE Terry Brooks. I started reading him in the 6th grade with "The Sword of Shanarra." I have to admit that he ripped off "Lord of the Rings" with the premise for that one, but it was an excellent read nonetheless. I haven't gotten my hands on many of the newer Shanarra books though.

I borrowed Genesis from my MIL.  I have the original 3 Shannara books, but got out of them for awhile.  I'm like a Toreador - easily distracted.  But reading this new series makes me want to go back and catch up the ones I have missed.

semigothmama13
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I like to read anything that is worth reading.  I am currently in the process of writing my own book series.  I cannot wait until book 1 is done!  Any other moms here writing or like to write?

lilmissscareall
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Yes. If you were to read the introductions thread, you would see that ElderGoth and I are also aspiring novelists. So, tell us about your books! I'd love to hear about them.

Quoting semigothmama13:

I like to read anything that is worth reading.  I am currently in the process of writing my own book series.  I cannot wait until book 1 is done!  Any other moms here writing or like to write?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)