Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving dinner

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi Everyone!

Are you hostessing your Thanksgiving dinner this year?  If so, what is your menu and who is coming?  If not, where do you go?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

We go to my brother and his wife's house. They make a great menu and I know they change things up every year so I am looking forward to what's new.

I know last year she made a squash soup which hubby loved...I don't care for that. But she has made pumpkin soup before and I tried it, but didn't care for it.

They are Jewish, so their turkey is Kosher and it's amazing! I love her stuffing!

Liansmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

We do small and intimate for this holiday. We stock up on the turkeys for sale and will cook one, with just the three of us we have lots of left overs.

Generally, we have turkey, corn, fresh bread and real butter, mashed potatoes with a gravy and some kind of dessert (usually a crumb cake kind of thing or maybe a pie).

JoyandLove
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Both sides of the family are coming. I am going to make turkey, dressing, ham, potatoes, mac n cheese, green beans, Lima beans, and desserts.

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

wingsfan1234
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM

we're all over the place!  this year we are going to my moms (sort of a new tradition), going to my cousins for my dads side of the family  (always somewhere different)  then the day after thanksgiving my in-laws come over

I really don't have to cook anything but when my in-laws come over we are making a ham instead of turkey

tretresmom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

This year I am cooking for me & my children.  We will watch the parade & watch some chirstmas movies 

Aurorasmom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM
ugggggg this is SUCH a big 'what' going on in my fam right now. hubster and i have cooked for the last 3 years...THIS year my stepmom is NOT going out of town, so she wants to pull rank and cook...BUT my grandma on the other side of the fam wants to do one last BANG before retiring her cooking skills...soooooo its a big to do at the moment. i really just want sweet potatos and marshmellows LOL

Soccermomtx1
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My daughters & I will to to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving. Actually I will have to work this year so the girls will already be over there. But it will be me & the girls, my grandparents, my dad, and aunt. Memaw will make her famous cornbread dressing (I want some right now!), chicken & turkey. My aunt will make some sides, and I will do devilled eggs. Everyone usually  brings a dessert. I can't wait!!!!

Pluto1977
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM

We'll be eating at my mom's after we visit the in laws. This year we're eating in their heated pavilion. It nice b/c I won't have to worry about the kids making a mess.

Also this year I'm doing a sweet potato casserole! I got the recipe from Cracker Barrel. Theirs is awesome!

Also on the menu ~ Turkey, ham and pea salad(also new this year), cranberry salad, pies, pumpkin rolls and whatever else we can come up with!

I am new to this group but how fun was this ~ to hear about what everyone else is having. We all so different and it's great! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!turkey dinner

robyn0922
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM
My husband prepares a 20-25 lb turkey and the stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, brown-n-serve rolls, sweet potatoes with marshmellows, corn, and cranberry sauce. My daughter and her husband will bring green bean casserole (her favorite sidedish) and I will scour the internet trying to find at least 2 other side dishes for us to try out. I am a avid fan of trying new recipes and have found quite a few that we have over and over. My brother in law and possibly my brother, as well as my other daughter will also be here.
trimichl
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Thanksgiving is at my house, and we'll have eight total this year.

I'm roasting a brined turkey, and will make sausage dressing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, bacon-y green beans, dinner rolls, roasted sweet potatoes, and rice to go with it.  Appetizers will be a caprese salad sort of thing and artichoke-spinach dip.  It sounds like a lot, but all the recipes are super easy.  My grandmother wanted to help, so she's bringing the dessert.  My sister has already been designated as the cleaner. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)