Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with meals list please

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:26 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am trying to make a list of things that we ate often and then trying to expand on it to give us more options the trick is my dh doesn't like eating roast of any kind, he will very rarely eat boneless skinless chicken breasts, but doesn't like pork(other than bacon, sausage, and pepperoni), we do eat seafood, but I'm pregnant and I'm not giving it up I'm just cutting back a little, so here is what I have so far

• Meatloaf
  • spaghetti with meat sauce/meatballs/sausage
  • tacos
  • simply elegant steak
  • sausage and potatoes with curry sauce
  • chili dogs
  • homemade pizzas
  • new england clam chowder
  • manhattan clam chowder
  • lasagna
  • enchiladas beef or chicken
  • porcupines
  • fettucine alfredo with chicken/shrimp
  • crab cakes
  • pesto chicken pasta
  • chicken bruschetta pitas
  • blt sandwiches
  • fish sticks
  • burgers
  • steak
  • hamburger helper stroganoff
  • nanchos
  • tomato soup and grilled cheese
  • tuna fish sandwiches
  • pasta salad
  • chicken mediterrenean salad

Thats what I've come up with so far, anything else you can think of would be great. Thanks in advance!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabytristan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM
chicken tenders breaded or grilled you can do alot with those.........make wraps, tacos, parmigiana, salads, sub sanwiches, chicken and spinach pasta i will keep thinking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabytristan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM
salisbury steak and campbells has a recipe for a skillet taco casserole thing that is amazing i am only online on my cell so i cant look it up for you but we have had it and its really really good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystallized
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Your husband sounds a lot like mine in the food department. How about chicken quesadillas, taco salad, steak fingers, fajitas or just a grinder night?

flippedmylid
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:06 AM

My mother in law makes this tuna pasta dish that's good. Cook a bag of egg noodles, drain, add a can of tuna, some mayo/miracle whip(whichever your family likes), and a some peas. Mix it up and you're done. Fast and easy. I like it better cold but everyone's different. I'm kid of in the same boat you're in, never know what to make and tired of having the same thing

momof2andloveit
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM

thanks ladies, I am going to add these to the list

wingsfan1234
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I'm not sure what to add but I'm going to work on making some things off your list so THANK YOU for the ideas!!

momof2andloveit
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

your welcome wingsfan

Nothing1309
by on May. 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I get a box of flavored rice using broth that matches the flavor of rice, and add meat to it and sometime veggies, depending in what the flavor.

The fried rice add one pound of your choice of meat, frozen mixed veggies or your choice of fresh veggies. (The fresh will need to be stir fried then add to the rice after it it cooked.) Add cooked scrambled egg. Taste and season to your taste..

The dirty rice is my family favorite. I add one pound cooked hamburger or ground breakfast sausage and onions. I use beef broth. Combine and cook till all broth is gone. I some time add shredded carrot and frozen corn kernels. 

I also use the pasta side dishes using the broth that matches the flavor of pasta, add meat and veggies, then season to taste.

Hope this helped.

qtmomof2
by on May. 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM

For roast ...I just buy a small roast and cook it in the crock pot with a 20oz bottle of root beer and a packet of dry onion soup mix. I haven't had a complaint yet and I've made it for a lot of people!!It's delish and not like the "classic" way of cooking roast.

I also like to take chicken and BBQ sauce ...cook it on low in the crock pot all day and then shred it about 20 mins before serving. It makes AWESOME shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches.

momof2andloveit
by on May. 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

thanks I'll have to try a few of these

Quoting Nothing1309:

I get a box of flavored rice using broth that matches the flavor of rice, and add meat to it and sometime veggies, depending in what the flavor.

The fried rice add one pound of your choice of meat, frozen mixed veggies or your choice of fresh veggies. (The fresh will need to be stir fried then add to the rice after it it cooked.) Add cooked scrambled egg. Taste and season to your taste..

The dirty rice is my family favorite. I add one pound cooked hamburger or ground breakfast sausage and onions. I use beef broth. Combine and cook till all broth is gone. I some time add shredded carrot and frozen corn kernels. 

I also use the pasta side dishes using the broth that matches the flavor of pasta, add meat and veggies, then season to taste.

Hope this helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)