Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Every Time I make cake pops the sticks come out. I let the cake pops sit then I dip the sticks in the chocolate then insert them into the cake and then put them back into the fridge for about 30 mins. I then dip the cake pops into the chocolate and the sticks come out. How do I stop this from happening?

by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Replies (21-23):
CountryLayne
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Awesome job on those! You know, I seem to have troubles with the white candy melts... they are always so horribly thick. Not to mention that when I dip my cakeballs in it, if it is anything but white or yellow cake, it colors the candy melts. I had the worst time with red velvet, I ended up covering them in regular chocolate.

Love the shaped ones too, great job! Do you sell these at craft fairs and such?

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Here are some that I have made.

These are cake balls (no sticks):

Here are some cake pops (with sticks):

Here are some shaped cake pops for Christmas:

You can google how to make cake pops and it will come up with tons of websites to help you. YouTube has videos on how to do it, and Bakerella.com has some very cute ideas. =)

Everyone I know loves these things, and the flavor combinations are endless.. You can even use flavored coffee creamer for the binder, instead of using cake icing..which gives you even more flavor options.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have no idea what anyone is talking about.  I know people who have made cake pops and they put the stick in before they bake the cake batter.

1busymomma03
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Thank you!

When I use candy melts, I always add some shortening as it melts (I melt mine on the stove and not in the microwave). That helps to thin the candy melts so that it goes on smoother. I have  never had any trouble with the cake coloring the candy melts...and I've made tons of red velvet ones. They are very popular with some cream cheese icing. Mmmmmm. =) 

I don't sell them at craft fairs or anything. I have sold some to people at my DH's work before though. I usually just make up a bunch of cake balls, and he takes them to work with him. They are always sold out before the day is over. I also had one guy that he works with that ordered 6-7 dozen to give out at a Christmas party he went to last year. I've had some smaller orders as well, but not too many. They are very popular with everyone that DH works with though!

Quoting CountryLayne:

Awesome job on those! You know, I seem to have troubles with the white candy melts... they are always so horribly thick. Not to mention that when I dip my cakeballs in it, if it is anything but white or yellow cake, it colors the candy melts. I had the worst time with red velvet, I ended up covering them in regular chocolate.

Love the shaped ones too, great job! Do you sell these at craft fairs and such?

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Here are some that I have made.

These are cake balls (no sticks):

Here are some cake pops (with sticks):

Here are some shaped cake pops for Christmas:

You can google how to make cake pops and it will come up with tons of websites to help you. YouTube has videos on how to do it, and Bakerella.com has some very cute ideas. =)

Everyone I know loves these things, and the flavor combinations are endless.. You can even use flavored coffee creamer for the binder, instead of using cake icing..which gives you even more flavor options.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have no idea what anyone is talking about.  I know people who have made cake pops and they put the stick in before they bake the cake batter.

hnjen12
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)