Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm stressing!!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

We host a Christmas party every year. The party is this Sunday. I still don't have every thing planned. I only have half of the shopping done. I was making big paper snowflakes to use as decorations, and I have only made 5. LOL

I just need some motivation this year. LOL. I was really hoping that DH would help me get some things done since he is on vacation all week this week....but he hasn't been helpful at all!! UGH. I'm just stressing that it won't get done...

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
daiseymae2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Do you have the menu planned? I'd be freaking even if thing were moving along well. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM

LOL

It's pot luck style, so I don't have to worry about doing ALL of the food, but I do the main part of it. I only have part of that planned... I'm so far behind.

We have just had so much go on recently. I have had health issues, and been seeing tons of different doctors and getting different tests and such done. We have also had some things need to be done at home.. I just got our shed outside and our mudroom/ storage room reorganized. They were in desperate need, I couldn't even walk around in them.. lol. Now today, I'm going to have to call a plumber to come out tomorrow because our toilets aren't flushing right. The water won't go down right. It will slowly drain out, but if you want it to actually flush, then you have to plunge it every single time.. I just know that I'm going to have to sit around and wait all day for someone to actually show up to look at them. UGH. Why do things like this have to happen right now??

I swear if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck.. LOL

Quoting daiseymae2:

Do you have the menu planned? I'd be freaking even if thing were moving along well. LOL

daiseymae2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM
I'm sure it will turn out wonderful. I think we get ourselves stressed out. I know it do. I think about all the things that might go wrong instead of all the fun we'll have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigblueeyes
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM

just stop and take a few breaths and say a quick prayer!.....i'm sure it will work out fine!.....i do that kind of stuff to myself all the time!!!!.....lol

carolina_gal
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I'd blast some Christmas music to help me get in the spirit. It always seems to get me motivated.

1busymomma03
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Thanks ladies. I didn't have time to do anything for the party today. I had to get some cleaning done at my house, and then I had to go clean my IL's house. I did talk to DH today (who was gone fishing), and he said he WOULD help me get everything done tomorrow. I really hope that he keeps his promise. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)