Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Healthy Dessert Recipes

Posted by   + Show Post

I thought that we could start a post about healthy dessert ideas since so many of us are wanting to eat more healthy this year. =)

by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Replies (41-47):
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Aww, thanks. I just know how much I love my desserts and he does too. He has been doing so good following his diet, that I wanted to give him a special treat.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

You are such a nice wife :O)

Nykkii
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Every time I see that fruit tart, my mouth waters.  Lol.  I love how colorful it is too.  My mom used to make one just like it... only no mandarin oranges, and she layered the strawberries and kiwi so they looked so pretty.  Lol.  It's seriously delicious. 

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Okay, so dessert was a success. I was short on time so I needed something quick and super easy. I ended up buying an angel food cake from the grocery store. I also picked up some Lite Cool Whip.I had some fresh strawberries at home, so I had all that I needed...

I put the strawberries in the blender with a pinch of sugar until they were nicely blended. I then folded the strawberries into some of the Lite Cool Whip. I spread a layer of the strawberry cool whip onto a slice of the angel food cake and topped it with a few slices of strawberries.

So good!!! DH loved it. Actually we all loved it!

Nykkii
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM

That sounds delicious.  Sometimes just the simplest of things can be so enjoyable.  I'm glad you guys had a good dessert. 

Is your dh dieting just to lose weight or for getting in shape for military or something?  Either way, he's lucky to have such a supportive wife. 

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM

He's just dieting to lose weight. It's more of a lifestyle change for us all. We are eating healthier foods, and he is really working on portion control. I'm hoping it helps my kids with their bowel issues that they have, and I'm hoping it helps with my energy levels and  helps me feel better. So far it has been a good change for us. =)

Quoting Nykkii:

That sounds delicious.  Sometimes just the simplest of things can be so enjoyable.  I'm glad you guys had a good dessert. 

Is your dh dieting just to lose weight or for getting in shape for military or something?  Either way, he's lucky to have such a supportive wife. 

Nykkii
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

We're doing a lifestyle change over here as well.  It's more me than my SO though. But he's dropped as much weight as I have!  Lol.  I think he's plateaued now so I can get a little ahead.  I told him he needed to stop.  It's hard for me to get closer to his weight if he's going to keep dropping too!  LOL! 

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

LOL. Good luck with your weight loss! =)

Quoting Nykkii:

We're doing a lifestyle change over here as well.  It's more me than my SO though. But he's dropped as much weight as I have!  Lol.  I think he's plateaued now so I can get a little ahead.  I told him he needed to stop.  It's hard for me to get closer to his weight if he's going to keep dropping too!  LOL! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)