Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

French Toast cupcakes with Maple Bacon Frosting!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM
  • 2 Replies

Filed under Desserts
Ingredients
Cupcakes
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 large eggs, separated
6-8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled

Maple Buttercream Frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons heavy cream, at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon maple extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.  With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar on  high speed until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and vanilla and set aside.  Add the egg yolks to the creamed butter one at time, waiting for each one to be fully incorporated before adding the next.  Alternately, add the flour mixture in 3 additions and the milk in 2 additions, waiting for each to be fully incorporated before adding the next.  Raise the speed to medium and mix briefly until a smooth batter is formed.

Transfer the batter to a large bowl. Thoroughly clean the bowl of the mixer and put the egg whites inside. Whip the egg whites on high speed, using the whisk attachment, until stiff peaks are formed. Working in 3 batches, using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the batter, until just incorporated. Divide the batter evenly among the cups in the muffin pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

To make the frosting, mix the butter and sugar on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to high, and mix until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.  Reduce the speed of the mixer to low. Add the heavy cream and maple extract. Beat until fluffy and well blended.  May be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days.

Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with crisp, crumbled bacon.

by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fineyouguyswin
by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I'm seeing double :OP I bet those would be good haha

4kidz916
by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I'm not sure if it was this group but not long ago there was a discussion on CM about bacon cupcakes and if anyone would try them.  I say I most definatley would.  The sweet and salty would probably go good together.  Thank you for sharing this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)