Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Welcome to Baking 101! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Baking 101!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

To add a group signature to your posts, click here:
Baking 101 Signatures!

Check out our recipe page:
Recipes

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself :)

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Replies (51-60):
4kidz916
by Melissa on Mar. 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Welcome.  If you love baking, you are in the right place.

Quoting angellove29115:

Hi everyone,  My name is Wendy and I am a mom to 3 children.  I do work parttime as a nurse.  I love taking care of my family.  I have a love for baking.  I love to share what I make with my family and friends.  I cant wait to learn some wonderful recipes from you ladies.

4kidz916
by Melissa on Mar. 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Welcome to the group.   I can't wait to hear more about your diet.

Quoting BigSandyMom:

Hey yall!!  I'm Angie from TN.  We live up on Kentucky Lake.  I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to too boys.  Married for almost 14 years to my trucker husband.  I think I will really enjoy this group.  Since we have changed our diets to the Feingold diet, I find myself having to cook and bake a lot more from scratch to make sure no artificals are in our food.  So I can't wait to see what all you guys are baking and talking about.

alinker
by on Mar. 12, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I'm Ashley. I'm a marine wife and stay-at-home mom of 2 gorgeous little boys. I'm from the Chicago-land area but we're stationed in So-Cal/Mojave Desert. I love cooking and baking things from scratch.

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM

welcome

Quoting crazycountrymom:

Hello, I go by crazycountrymom aka Marie. Thank you for having me in your group ! I love to cook and bake. I have been cooking since I was a kid. I used to make cakes and cookies and such. I used to cook for a living and learned a lot doing it. I enjoyed my job. 

I am a Mom to 4  grown DD's, and a Nana to a set of twins ( a boy and girl ) 18 months old and Nana to a little boy who is 13 months old. I LOVE being a Nana and cooking for the kids. They are so curious as to the tastes and looks and cooking of food at the age they are at. Most of them eat everything except for a few veggies they aren't fond of , but they eat a ton of veggies and prefer them to meat right now. 

Baking for my family is like a way to show them how much you love them .

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM

welcome

Quoting CaaspersBaby:

Hi My name is Katrena I am from Eastern North Carolina I work full time and I am the mother of 5 and Grammy of 3. I am married to a Truck Driver and I am proud of him. I love to bake from scratch I love old cookbook so if any one has any recipes from scratch I would love to have a copy. 

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

welcome

Quoting palexander:

Hi. My name is Pamela. I am a 29 year old SAHM to 4 kids. I LOVE to bake. Three days ago I bake a Chocolate Creme cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting from scratch. I make the birthday cakes or cupcakes for the kid's birthdays. Plus I make cakes for my mom, dad,  husband and MIL's birthday.

I am wanting to start working with Fondant (sp?) and make flowers, animals, and everything.

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM

welcome

Quoting amberpaiz:

My name is Amber and i am a military wife and mother of four kids ages 8,7, 6 and 5. I joined this group b/c lately my passion for cooking ANYthing has dwindled. I used to love to cook and thought it quite theraputic. I am looking to put that fire back inside me to get back into the kitchen and whip some things up!!

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM

welcome

Quoting BigSandyMom:

Hey yall!!  I'm Angie from TN.  We live up on Kentucky Lake.  I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to too boys.  Married for almost 14 years to my trucker husband.  I think I will really enjoy this group.  Since we have changed our diets to the Feingold diet, I find myself having to cook and bake a lot more from scratch to make sure no artificals are in our food.  So I can't wait to see what all you guys are baking and talking about.

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM

welcome

Quoting alinker:

I'm Ashley. I'm a marine wife and stay-at-home mom of 2 gorgeous little boys. I'm from the Chicago-land area but we're stationed in So-Cal/Mojave Desert. I love cooking and baking things from scratch.

DanielleK21
by on Mar. 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Welcome every one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)