Who doesn't like a good cheesecake? Start sharing them ~
Things that make me want to cry!
Brownie portion adapted from Alice Medrich
Preparation: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover 8×8 pan with bake spray.
Snickers Cheesecake Layer
1. Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Pour on top of cooled brownie and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool to warm then press chopped Snickers into cheesecake layer.
Cheesecake Brownie Squares are one of those go-to desserts you turn to when you really want to impress someone. It's smooth, creamy cheesecake swirled with decadent chocolate chip brownies -- what's not to like? I've been experimenting a bit with swirling raspberry preserves in with the cheesecake or topping them with crumbled up Snickers Bars. Really, the variations are endless, but here's my very favorite basic recipe to get you started:
Cheesecake Brownie Squares from David Lebovitz
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, making sure it goes up all four sides. (Parchment paper works, too.) Grease lightly with non-stick spray or butter.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the 2/3 cup sugar, then the eggs.
4. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
5. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, the yolk, 5 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
6. Distribute the cream cheese mixture in eight dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a dull knife or spatula and swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.
7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the batter in the center of the pan is only just set.
8. Cool, then lift out the foil and peel it away. Cut the brownies into squares.
Makes one 10-inch cake
Graham cracker crust2 cups graham cracker crumbs¼ cup sugar½ teaspoon vanilla extract1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
Cheesecake batter1½ cups (three 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature1 cup sour cream, room temperature1 cup sugar1 tablespoon vanilla extract1½ teaspoons cinnamon¼ teaspoon nutmeg¼ teaspoon allspicepinch of ground gingerpinch of ground cloves1 cup pumpkin puree, room temperature2 tablespoons heavy cream3 large eggs
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Treat your guests with this pumpkin cheesecake with caramel-rum sauce - a flavorful dessert.
Cinnamon graham cracker crumbs can be substituted for the teddy bear-shaped graham crackers.
To save time, use purchased caramel topping instead of
making the caramel sauce. Warm the topping and stir in the rum or rum
To easily crush the crackers, use a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
You can make this pie a day ahead of serving.
German Chocolate CheesecakeWe think you will love this chocolate cheesecake recipe.Everyone loves cheesecake and chocolate and cheesecake seems like the perfect combination. This is an easy recipe to put together and the German chocolate and caramel makes for a scrumptious and very attractive cheesecake dessert. You can make the caramel topping from melted caramels and the chocolate topping with the recipe but ice cream toppings work just as well and save a little time. This recipe can be made a day or two in advance.IngredientsFor the crust:2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs6 tablespoons butter, meltedFor the filling:2 1/2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese1 cup granulated sugar2 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/4 teaspoon salt3 large eggs1 teaspoon vanilla2 tablespoons milkFor the toppings:1 cup chopped pecans or walnutsFor the chocolate topping, combine four ounces of sweet German chocolate with two tablespoons whipping cream and one tablespoon butter. Melt in a small saucepan and stir until smooth. Or use chocolate ice cream topping.For the caramel topping, melt 12 caramels with 1/3 cup cream in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Or use caramel ice cream topping. DirectionsPreheat the oven to 450 degrees.In a nine-inch springform pan, mix the crumbs and the melted butter. (We prefer a Candy Apple Red Silicone Springform Pan.) Press the crumb mixture into a crust across the bottom and about one inch up the sides. Bake the crust for eight minutes.In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese with the sugar. Add the flour and salt. Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk all at once. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Pour the filling mix into the crust.Bake for ten minutes at 450 degrees. Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until the cheesecake filling is set.After the cheesecake has cooled for ten minutes, with a thin bladed spatula, loosen the edges of the cheesecake from the pan so that the cake will pull away from the pan as it cools. Remove the rim of the pan after it has cooled for about forty-five minutes. (If you use the silicone pan, you can merely peal the silicone shell away from the cheesecake without disturbing the crust.)Drizzle the cheesecake with caramel and then with chocolate. Sprinkle nuts on the cake. Refrigerate until completely cool before serving.
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CHEESECAKE~1 cup(s) chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers) 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil 1 teaspoon(s) instant coffee granules dissolved in 2 teaspoons hot water 24 ounce(s) 1% cottage cheese (3 cups) 12 ounce(s) reduced-fat cream cheese (1 1/2 cups), cut into pieces 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch 1 large egg 2 large egg whites 2 tablespoon(s) instant coffee granules, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt 2 ounce(s) bittersweet (not unsweetened) chocolate, melted 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for garnishPreheat oven to 325 degrees F. Put a kettle of water on to heat for the water bath. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap the outside bottom of the pan with a double thickness of foil.To prepare crust: Blend crumbs, sugar, oil and coffee in a small bowl with a fork or your fingertips. Press into the bottom of the pan.To prepare filling: Puree cottage cheese in a food processor until very smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides. Add cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Process until smooth. Add egg, egg whites, coffee, vanilla, salt and chocolate and blend well. Pour into the crust-lined pan.Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come 1/2 inch up the side of the springform pan.Bake the cheesecake until the edges are set but the center still jiggles, about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven. Spray a knife with cooking spray and run it around the edge of the pan. Let stand in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour. Transfer from the water bath to a wire rack; remove foil. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chilled.Before serving, garnish the cheesecake with cinnamon and sugar.
Tantalize dinner guests and party-goers alike with this ultra-decadent layered lemon cake hat starts with a cake mix and is filled with chopped frozen cheesecake and white chocolate and topped with lemon curd and berries.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.2. Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in chopped chocolate and lemon rind. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely. Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.4. Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with one-third of chopped cheesecake and 1/2 cup raspberries. Repeat procedure twice. Place final cake layer on top of cake, cut side down. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.5. Just before serving, drizzle lemon curd over cake. Garnish with remaining raspberries, strawberries, and mint sprigs.
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family of sites
© 2013 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.