Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*~Puddings~*

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 2:43 AM
  • 33 Replies

Ya gotta have a pudding pop! ~

by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Over-the-Top Blueberry Bread Pudding

Over-the-Top Blueberry Bread Pudding
"This delicious Southern treat boasts out-of-this-world flavor and eye appeal. You just may want to skip the main course and go straight to dessert. It’s a favorite for our summer celebrations.” Marilyn Haynes - Sylacauga, Alabama
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 50 min.

Ingredients

• 3 eggs
  • 4 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) HERSHEY®’S Premier White Chips
  • 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes

• SAUCE:
  • 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) HERSHEY®’S Premier White Chips
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, sugar and vanilla. Stir in
  • blueberries and baking chips. Stir in bread cubes; let stand for 15
  • minutes or until bread is softened.
  • Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
  • 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
  • comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
  • For sauce, place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
  • bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; whisk until
  • smooth. Serve with bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 piece with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 869 calories, 54 g fat (33 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM

"Slap Jo Ann In The Face Good"  Banana Pudding

2 packages of Cinnamon Graham Crackers ~ crushed
10 ~ 12 Bananas ~ sliced
1 ~ 5 oz Vanilla Pudding
1 ~ 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese ~ room temperature
1 ~ 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 ~ 12 oz. tub Cool Whip ~ thawed

Sprinkle crushed Grams to cover bottom of a 9x13x2" baking dish.  Then layer Bananas on Grahams. 
     In a bowl, combine Milk & Pudding.  Mix well & set aside.  In another bowl mix Cream Cheese, Cinnamon & Condensed Milk until smooth.  Add Cream Cheese mixture to Pudding.  Mix well.  Fold in Whipped Topping into Cream Cheese & pudding mixture until well blended.  
     Pour 1/3 of the Pudding mixture over first layer of bananas.  Sprinkle 1/2 remaining crumbs on Pudding mixture & layer bananas on crumbs.  Repeat ending with pudding mixture.  Let set up in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.  
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 2, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Quick Lemon~Berry Trifle

2-1/2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling, or any other flavor
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
4 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries), divided
42 NILLA Wafers

POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Reserve 1/4 cup of the berries; set aside.
     ARRANGE 21 of the wafers on bottom and up side of 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Spoon one-third of the pudding mixture into prepared bowl; cover with half of the remaining berries. Top with layers of half of the remaining pudding mixture, remaining 21 wafers and remaining berries. Cover with layers of the remaining pudding mixture, remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and reserved 1/4 cup berries. Cover with plastic wrap.
     REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Lemon Pudding Cakes

Lemon Pudding Cakes

Batter:
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) Lemon Bits
2 tablespoons lemon powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons buttermilk powder
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk

Sauce:
1-1/2 cups hot water
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3 tablespoons lemon powder
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease six individual 1-cup ramekins.

Cake:
Whisk together the flour, sugar, lemon bits, lemon juice powder, baking powder, salt and buttermilk powder. In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter with the eggs and milk. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Scoop batter into the prepared bakers about half full.

Sauce:
Heat the water and butter until the butter melts. Whisk together the cornstarch, flour, lemon juice powder, and sugar. Whisk the liquid ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined.

Assembly:
Slowly pour the sauce onto the batter, dividing it among the ramekins.

Bake the cakes for 25 to 30 minutes, until they’re lightly browned and beginning to shrink away from the edges of the ramekins. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM

oreo pudding parfaits  300x300 Homemade Oreo Pudding Parfaits

Okay, so I hate artificial flavorings, things made with preservatives, and anything with hydrogenated oils. But sometimes, if the kids and I are at America’s number one super store monstrosity (I think you can guess what I’m referring to), and buying three week’s worth of groceries, I usually will let loose and buy my two favorite kinds of junk food: Doritos and Oreo flavored Jell-o.

Now, I cannot tell you any secret for Doritos—that is a trade secret combination of spices, MSG, and unmentionable deliciousness—but I have come up with my own version of Oreo pudding, which my kids and I have deemed quite good in its own right.

Oreo Pudding Parfaits

2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
5 egg yolks
6 tablespoons dark cocoa powder (Hershey’s Special Dark or some other brand processed with Alkali)
3 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
whipped cream (recipe follows)
6 Oreo cookies (or,since you’re making this from scratch, I recommend the Newman-O’s organic)

1. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring the milk almost to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk sugar and egg yolks until pale yellow, smooth, and it falls in ribbons. Whisk in cocoa powder and corn starch.

chocolate pudding 1 150x150 Homemade Oreo Pudding Parfaits chocolate pudding 2 150x150 Homemade Oreo Pudding Parfaits

chocolate pudding 3 150x150 Homemade Oreo Pudding Parfaits chocolate pudding 4 150x150 Homemade Oreo Pudding Parfaits

2. Whisk in hot milk, a half a cup at a time until mixture is warm to the touch. Pour entire mixture back into the saucepan and whisk constantly until pudding starts to thicken and it coats the back of a wooden spoon.

3. Pull off the heat and add in cream and vanilla. Spoon a small amount into 6 glass serving cups. Refrigerate while you make the whipped cream. Divide the whipped cream among the glasses (reserving a little extra for garnish). Top with remaining pudding. Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and a crushed oreo cookie.

whipped cream

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar

Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:35 PM

PHILADELPHIA® Raspberry-Citrus Pie

PHILADELPHIA® Raspberry-Citrus  Pie recipe

What You Need

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg.  (4-serving size) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup cold milk
2 tsp.  grated lemon zest
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
1/2 cup  raspberry preserves, divided
HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

Make It

BEAT cream cheese, dry pudding mix, milk and lemon peel in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.

SPOON 1/4 cup of the preserves onto bottom of crust; cover with pudding mixture. Top with remaining 1/4 cup preserves and remaining 1 cup whipped topping.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

BEST OF SEASON
For a patriotic dessert, arrange rows of blueberries and raspberries on top of pie.
SIZE-WISE
Since this indulgent pie makes 10 servings, it is the perfect dessert to serve at your next party.
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM

nanapudding wm Simply Southern: Not your Nanas Nana Puddin

Warning! This is simply, hands down the BEST banana pudding you will EVER taste! Being from the South, trust me, I have tasted my fair share of banana puddings and I am able to say this with complete confidence. This is the one recipe that takes them all!

I have to give credit to my good friend Julie for this recipe. Strangely enough Julie doesn’t even like bananas, so it’s even more incredible and a true testament to her cooking talents. I modified it only slightly. You’ll be tempted to scoop out a very large dish of this but I’m telling you it’s very RICH so go easy!

Here are a few tips: You’ll want to use nice, firm bananas. Also, I know you’re going to want to dive right into this, but it really is best to wait a few hours to let the pudding to chill and to allow the wafers to soak up that nana goodness!

Every time I have taken this dish to an event or served it at home, I get the same reaction. First their eyes get a little bigger, the smile starts to grow and then the lovely sounds of “mmmh, oh, oh, this is delicious” (and a myriad of other adjectives) inevitably followed by “I HAVE TO HAVE THIS RECIPE!” 

So break out that Trifle bowl that you got as a wedding gift or engagement gift that you put WAY in the back of your cabinet somewhere & put it to good use. You’ll be happy you did!

Not your Nana’s Nana Puddin’
What you’ll need:
8 ounces cream cheese – softened
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 large package instant vanilla pudding
4-5 bananas – cut into small slices
1 cup milk
1 large container cool whip
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla extract
1 box of vanilla wafers
1 bag of Heath chips – you can find these in the baking aisle of your grocery near the chocolate chips.

What to do:
1. In a mixer, beat cream cheese, until creamy. Add sugar & continuing mixing. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, pudding package & milk. Mix well. Add about 1/3 of the container of cool whip and fold in sliced bananas with spatula.

2. In Trifle bowl arrange vanilla wafers on bottom of the bowl. Add in some of the banana pudding, arrange more vanilla wafers on the sides. After you’ve added half of the pudding mixture add a small layer of cool whip and then more vanilla wafers to the side. Add remainder of pudding mixture. Top with remainder of cool whip. Garnish with sprinkling of heath chips.

3. Chill for a bit to allow the wafers to soften

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM

chocolate chip banana rice pudding parfait Groundhog Day Activities: Fun Projects You Can Eat

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Rice Pudding

3 cups cooked medium grain U.S. rice
2 cups milk
1 14 oz (398 mL) can sweetened condensed milk
2 medium bananas, sliced
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8 whole pecan halves

In a large saucepan combine rice, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.

Alternate layers of bananas, chocolate chips, pecans and rice pudding in parfait glasses. Garnish with chocolate chips and pecans. Makes 8 servings.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM

pudding2 Strawberry Banana Pudding

Strawberry Banana Pudding

Ingredients

Vanilla wafers
4 bananas, sliced
1 lb fresh sliced strawberries

Pudding

3 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks

Meringue

4 egg whites
4 tablespoons granulated white sugar

Method

1. For pudding, whisk cornstarch and sugar together in a saucepan. Add milk and whisk to combine. Add egg yolks and salt. Whisk well. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil while continually whisking. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes after mixture starts to boil and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.

2. Let cool for 15 – 20 minutes.

3. Layer casserole dish with vanilla wafers, sliced bananas and sliced strawberries. Pour over half of pudding. Repeat layers. Pour the other half of pudding over everything.

4. Prepare meringue by whipping egg whites until foamy. Add sugar and continue to beat until you have firm peaks. Spread over pudding and place under broiler for just a minute or two, until golden brown.

5. Let cool completely, and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM

magnolia pudding 200x300 Banana Cream Pudding

My friend Jeni showed up at my house recently with a bag from Magnolia Bakery. It didn’t even cross my mind that there would be anything inside but cupcakes — which is what the NYC baker is most famous for by far. And yes, there were four cupcakes for the kids (she wasn’t sure which combo my kids liked — chocolate/vanilla, chocolate/chocolate, etc.) but also a promising little container for me! It was filled with Magnolia’s apparently-second-most-famous item: The most luscious banana pudding I have ever tasted. (It’s topped with real live Nilla wafers!!)  I immediately fetched my paperback Magnolia Cookbook and plotted a homemade version. Click to the jump for the recipe so you can join me.

Magnolia Bakery Banana Cream Pudding

1 ½ cups water
2/3 cup vanilla pudding mix (such as Jell-O)
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups heavy cream

1 12-ounce box Nilla wafers
4 bananas sliced

Blend the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Whipe the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until well incorporated. In a trifle bowl, layer wavers, sliced bananas, then pudding mixture. Continue until all the mixture is used up and top with crumbled wafers and bananas. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve in individual bowls garnished with more wafers and bananas. (That little herb sprig is definitely optional.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)