Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Godiva Chocolates

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

I went to the mall today with my friend and she wanted to stop in the Godiva store. OMG!!! There chocolate is to die for. The guy gave us a sample of one and it was so good. Wasn't going to get anything but after the sample I couldn't resist. So I bought 4 pieces of candy and spent 8 bucks it was so worth it.

We also joined there rewards club and we got a free piece of chocolate for signing up. So each month I get a free piece of chocolate as well.

They also have recipes as well and here is one that I have to share with you all.

Godiva® Death by Chocolate

• Yield: 4 Ice Cream Sundaes
  • Difficulty: **Intermediate
  • Preparation: 1 hour 30 minutes, plus cooling and freezing times
  • Special Equipment: Standard 1 1/2 to 2 quart ice cream maker, Pilsner or sundae glasses, “instant-read” thermometer (optional)

Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream:
5 large egg yolks, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
4  bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
4 teaspoons vanilla extract

Hazelnut Coffee Cream:
5 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Ivory Chocolate, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup Godiva® Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee grounds
1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Chocolate Fudge Sauce:
1/3 cup Godiva® Hot Cocoa Powder, Dark Truffle Flavor
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup light corn syrup
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Assembly:
Freshly brewed Godiva® Chocolate Crème Coffee to thin chocolate sauce
4 to 8 Pepperidge Farm® Crème Filled Pirouette® Cookies, any flavor

Make Ice Cream:

1. Beat egg yolks 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in a medium bowl, using a wire whisk, until blended.

2. Heat remaining sugar, cream and milk to a boil in a heavy medium saucepot. Remove pan from heat; gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into beaten egg yolks until blended. Return this mixture to the saucepot. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly with a flat-edged wooden spoon, for 3 minutes, until custard has thickened slightly. Custard is done when you can run your finger down back of coated spoon and line remains in custard. Custard should register 175ºF. on an “instant read” thermometer.  Remove from heat.

3. Add chocolate to custard and let stand for 30 seconds. Whisk until melted and smooth. Strain chocolate custard into through fine mesh strainer into a large metal bowl. Set bowl over a larger bowl containing ice water.  Stir custard frequently until it has cooled. Remove bowl from ice bath. Stir in vanilla.

4. Cover surface of custard with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until very thick and cold.

5. Scrape custard into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Pack churned ice cream into a 1-quart container. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.

Make Hazelnut Coffee Cream:

1. Place white chocolate into a medium bowl.  Heat cream and coffee to a boil in a medium saucepot. Remove pan from heat. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.

2. Return saucepot to heat and heat cream mixture to a boil. Remove pan from heat. Ladle about 1 cup hot cream mixture over white chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds. Whisk until melted and smooth.

3. Pour remaining cream mixture including coffee grounds over chocolate and stir until blended. Stir in liqueur and vanilla. Cover surface of hazelnut coffee cream with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.

Make Chocolate Fudge Sauce:

1. Mix cocoa powder and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly whisk in evaporated milk to make a smooth paste. Stir in corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat.

2. Add chocolate to pan. Let mixture stand for 30 seconds. Whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.

Assemble Sundaes:

1. Place 4 (10-ounce) Pilsner or sundae glasses in freezer to chill.

2. Remove chocolate fudge sauce from refrigerator and stir coffee into sauce, about one tablespoon at a time to make a thinner consistency. Dip one end of each cookie into sauce. Place dipped cookies on a plate.

3. Strain chilled hazelnut coffee cream into a large bowl through a fine mesh strainer to remove ground coffee. Beat cream using a hand held electric mixer set at high speed, for 1 minute or until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat or hazelnut cream will become grainy.  Reserve half hazelnut cream for decorating tops of sundaes.

4. Place 1 scoop of chocolate velvet ice cream into each of 4 chilled glasses. Top each with a dollop of hazelnut coffee cream. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge sauce over each serving. Repeat layers with remaining ice cream, hazelnut cream and sauce, ending with a large scoop of ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce.

5. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip with remaining hazelnut cream. Decorate top of each sundae with hazelnut coffee cream. Garnish each sundae with cookies. Serve immediately.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melaniecerise
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I love Godiva. I love their choclate covered oreos and their choclate dipped strawberries. Just wonderful

Maries_Mom23
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM
They have some kind of strawberry cheesecake chocolate that is to die for! I try to avoid Godiva when I hit the mall!
4kidz916
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM

The Godiva store closest to us closed but I used to buy Christmas gifts there. 

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM

We don't have a Godiva store close to us...I wish we did though because I love chocolate!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)