Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

*~ Breakfast Goodies ~*

Posted by on May. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

Bacon & Cheese Muffins

2 - cups all purpose flour
2 - teaspoons baking powder
1/4 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 - cup.milk
1/4 - cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1 - egg
1/2 lb - bacon, diced, cooked and degreased
3/4 - cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, melted butter or margarine and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the bacon and cheese just until combined. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.

Baking 101  group mod      Barb 

I also mod in ~   Healthy Weigh Loss   Recipes for busy Moms 

I own ~   Crock Pot Moms    Anyone Can Cook 

Baking 101  group mod      Barb 

I also mod in ~   Healthy Weigh Loss   Recipes for busy Moms 

I own ~   Crock Pot Moms    Anyone Can Cook 

by on May. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SamanthaAnneT
by on May. 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Oh my gosh, first of all my weakness (one of them anyways) is fresh baked goods, plus you have bacon mixed in?!?? You are a god! Thanks for posting this recipe :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Pretty Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
(adapted from Taste of Home)

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 cup shortening
1 cup canned pumpkin or 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1/3 cup instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 teaspoon salt
7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour

Ingredients for filling:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice

Ingredients for icing:
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

For the Rolls

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.

Combine 1 cup of milk with a 1/2 cup of water in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave on medium-high heat for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Take it out of the microwave and place in a large mixing bowl.
Next, take 1/2 cup of sugar and place it in the mixing bowl. Stir until the sugar is well combined with the liquid.  After the sugar is well mixed, take 2 tbsp. of yeast and mix it with the liquid.  Let the yeast mixture sit for 10 minutes...giving it a chance to get nice and poofy.

After the 10 minutes, mix the rest of the ingredients (except for the flour), into the liquid. Mix until well combined.  Next, add 6 cups of flour, one at a time.  Keep mixing until it forms into a ball.  Take the ball out of the bowl, place on a floured surface, and knead for about 6-8 minutes.

Place the ball of dough into a glass bowl, coated with oil, being sure to flip it over once to get an even coat of oil on all sides.  Cover bowl with a dish towel. Let it sit in a warm, dark place for a good hour or so.  I like to place mine on top of the preheated oven/stove.

While the dough is rising, take a glass baking pan or any other kind of baking pan and cover the bottom and sides with some butter. Sprinkle a good amount of sugar over the butter afterwards.

For the Filling

Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice for the filling into a bowl.  After the hour is up, take the rising dough and punch it down.

Take the dough out of the bowl, cut it in half, and spread one half on a lightly floured surface.  Roll it into a 12x8 inch rectangle.  Melt 1/4 cup of butter.  Brush half of the melted butter on the dough.  Sprinkle the dough with half of the sugar mixture, within 1/2 inch of the edges.

Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down into the greased pans.  Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. 

For the Frosting

Combine all the ingredients for the frosting.  Spread onto the baked rolls.  Serve warm ;)

To freeze: Do not spread the frosting ontop of the baked rolls.  Flash freeze the unfrosted rolls individually or freeze the whole baking dish.  To flash freeze, take apart each roll seperately and place them on a cookie sheet.  Place the cookie sheet in the freezer and freeze for about 3-4 hours.  Once frozen, take the rolls, place in a freezer bag, and store in freezer until ready to defrost.

To Defrost:  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Take out rolls and place in oven to warm up.....about 10-15 minutes.  If defrosting individually, take individual rolls out and place them on a cookie sheet.  Place the cookie sheet in the oven to warm up.

Frost as directed.  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN