Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Cake Pops!! =)

Posted by on May. 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

I had an order for 2 dozen cake pops today. They are for a baby shower. I hope the lady that ordered them likes them.

by on May. 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by on May. 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingwifey
by on May. 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Aww!  I have to ask, how do you make cake balls?  

daiseymae2
by on May. 11, 2011 at 11:40 PM
How cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on May. 12, 2011 at 7:48 AM

They are adorable.  I love the way you have them in the blue basket.

wingsfan1234
by on May. 12, 2011 at 8:21 AM

cute!

TreyandGabesmom
by on May. 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Those are super cute!!! 

How does one make a cake pop?

1busymomma03
by on May. 12, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Thanks ladies. =)

I wrote out a pretty detailed post about how to make them once a long time ago. I'm going to find that post and copy and paste because it's a lot to type out. LOL

1busymomma03
by on May. 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Okay, here's what I found in the post I made a long time ago:

*First you bake a cake...any cake (box or homemade..doesn't matter).

*Let the cake cool completely.

*When the cake is cool, you will need to crumble it into tiny crumbs. You can use a food processor or your hands..either way works. I just use my hands. =)

*Once the cake is all crumbled up, you will mix in a little bit of frosting to act as a binder. The amount of frosting depends on how moist your cake is. I only use a couple spoonfuls because my cakes are usually very moist, but you can add up to about a half a can if needed. You just want to be able to roll it into a ball, but if you add too much then it gets too soft. So small amounts a little at a time and keep adding if you need to.

*Next  you will roll the cake mixture into balls with your hands. Make sure the balls are rolled pretty firmly so that they don't fall apart when they are being dipped.

*After they are rolled into balls, you need to get them cold. You can do this by putting them in the freezer for a little while or by putting the in the refrigerator. If you go the freezer route, you don't want want them frozen...just cold. If they are frozen the candy coating can crack.

*Once they are cold you will dip them into some melted chocolate, candy melts, or almond bark. I mostly use almond bark or candy melts. I thin the bark or melts with a little bit of shortening, so that it coats the cake balls more smoothly. I use bamboo skewers to dip mine, (but you can use any method you want for this). I put the cake balls on the skewers, dip them into the candy melts, decorate with sprinkles, and then put the skewers into a piece of styrofoam to let them cool and harden.

*When the candy coating has dried and hardened, I very gently twist the cake ball so that it loosens from the skewer and then I pull it off. You have to do this very carefully so that it doesn't crack your candy shell.

**Another option is to use the skewer to dip them and then take them off the skewer when the candy is still wet. If you do this, you just need to make sure you smooth over the spot where the skewer was when you pull it out. =)

They aren't as hard to make as it sounds. LOL. It is a little time consuming, but they are so worth it!!!

This explains how to make cake balls. To make them into cake pops the only thing you would do differently is once they are cold, you dip the end of a lollipop stick into the chocolate or candy melts, then insert the stick into the cake ball. Put it back in the fridge to get cold again, and then dip in chocolate. They are easy to do, but somewhat time consuming. They are always a big hit though. Everyone loves them. =)

Maries_Mom23
by on May. 12, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Those are so cute!
fineyouguyswin
by on May. 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Mmmmm.....you should send  me some I'm to lazy to make them haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN