Red, White And Blue Cheescake
Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Recip
Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Recipe
- 16 Servings
- Prep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup crushed strawberries
- 1 cup crushed blueberries
- Fresh mixed berries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Whisk egg yolks and vanilla; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Press onto the bottom and 3 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream, flour, lemon peel, salt and vanilla. Add eggs and yolk; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Fold crushed strawberries and crushed blueberries into half of the batter. Pour into crust. Top with remaining batter. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300° bake 60-70 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with fresh mixed berries and currants, if desired. Yield: 16 servings.