Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those having desert tonight...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

what looks good?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
4kidz916
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I don't usually make dessert but I did buy a Jello Mousse mix that we may make tonight.

goorob
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I still have some cheesecake things from Omaha steaks that my mom sent me for my birthday and some fresh strawberries so that's what I'm having :)

sllytnkrbl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I had planned on making one of my son't favorite's tonight.  It's a mousse trifle (mousse e natas).    Layer chocolate mousse, Maria cookies (a flat craker like cookie that is found in the Portuguese or Spanish section of the grocery store, Goya makes a good one but I prefer the Portuguese ones in the green package) and whip cream or cool whip.

I make my own mousse but the recipe is in portuguese and I don't feel like translating, so box mousse works too.

3 pkg boxed chocolate mousse mix
2 pkg Maria cookies
2 tubs cool whip, thawed
1 cup strong coffee poured into a bowl

Make mousse and refrigerate for time indicated.   Once mousse is set you are ready to assemble.   Take maria cookies one at a time an dunk in coffee, layer on bottom of trifle dish then layer mousse and cool whip, repeat until pan is full.   (this recipe is actually for 9 x 13 baking dish)

olivejuicebby
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM
My mil made some apple turnovers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asps1031
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I had some store bought chocolate gelato, but it wasnt as good as I thought it would be :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)