• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just saying hi! :)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am new to this site and finding some interesting Groups that I'm looking forward to being a part of. I do enjoy baking and thought I could maybe learn some new fun things here. :) My sister in law has started making amazing cake pops. Have any of you made them?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Welcome to the group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm425
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Thank you! :)

Harlismom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I made red velvet cake pops dipped in white chocolate yummy!!!

Welcome!

4kidz916
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Welcome to the group.  I haven't made the cake pops yet but I know there are several moms in here that have. 

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Welcome to the group! I love making cake pops and cake balls as well. =)  Everyone I know asks for them...especially around Christmas time. lol

jlm425
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I have a good friend who loves Red Velvet Cake! Making Red Velvet Cake pops for her would be awesome! Would you mind sending me the recipe??

jlm425
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM

1busymomma03...do you have any recipes you can share as well? I haven't tried making these yet but hope to soon! :)

DanielleK21
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Welcome and Hi

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Welcome to the group.

I haven't made cake pops...yet.  I wanna try it with no kids around.   LOL...By this time next week, both of my girls will be in school. Maybe I'll give it a whirl then! 

1busymomma03
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:52 AM

I have tried a few different flavor combinations.

Strawberry cake, vanilla icing, dipped in chocolate.

Vanilla cake, vanilla icing, dipped in chocolate, white chocolate or candy melts.

Chocolate cake, chocolate icing, dipped in chocolate, white chocolate or candy melts.

Red velvet cake, cream cheese icing, dipped in white chocolate or candy melts.

I have also heard of using flavored coffee creamers as a binder instead of frosting. It is supposed to give it a hint of a different flavor, but I have never tried it.

I have also wondered if you could take a chocolate cake and mix in some peanut butter instead of frosting. I just can't try this one personally since my youngest DD has a severe PB allergy and we can't keep it in the house. I might try it with soybutter or sun butter though. =)

Cake pops and cake balls are always a huge hit around here. I have made tons of them over the years. lol

Quoting jlm425:

1busymomma03...do you have any recipes you can share as well? I haven't tried making these yet but hope to soon! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)