Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super Easy Crock Pot Caramel Sauce

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

I found this yesterday, and thought it was a great idea!

Crockpot Caramel Sauce

1. One 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk). Don’t use the can with the pop-top, either.
  2. Remove the paper label.
  3. Place on a saucer in the bottom of a crockpot (the can leaves a rust ring).
  4. Add water to fully submerge the can.
  5. Cover, set on LOW for 8 hours. Go to bed.
  6. In the morning, turn crockpot to OFF and let cool on its own, at least 3 hours. Then retrieve your can, open and mmmmm.

I did read on a few other websites that you can leave the can in there for longer than 8 hours and it turns it into a thicker, darker caramel sauce...I guess it depends on how hot your Crock Pot cooks. I am definitely going to try this sometime! It would be so good to dip some apples in, to put inside some cupcakes, or even on top of some ice cream. Yummm!!
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Oh, I also read that you can line the inside of your crock pot with some aluminum foil if you don't want to put a saucer in there.

4kidz916
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM

That sounds easy enough.  Thanks for sharing.

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I googled this method, and found some better pictures...where the caramel was thicker and darker. I can't wait to try this! I have just been looking for an allergy free recipe for my youngest DD first. I'm hoping that I can figure out something for her soon, so that we can all have some apples and caramel! =)

Quoting 4kidz916:

That sounds easy enough.  Thanks for sharing.

WandBmamma
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM
What is it your dd has an allergy to? Maybe I can help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Oh man... It's almost easier to list what she "isn't" allergic to. LOL.

She is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, wheat (but we try to avoid all gluten), green peas, beef, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, bean/legumes (all types), and possiby allergic to corn. Oh, and we avoid strawberries because she has reacted to those even though it doesn't show up on allergy testing.

It's complicated cooking for her..especially baking!

Quoting WandBmamma:

WandBmamma
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I use brownsugar and melt it down with either margerine/butter or a little syrup. Someitmes I do it with water too and then when its brought to a boil add a litte bakingsoda and it maes a pretty good carmel but u have to eat it right away

Quoting 1busymomma03:

She is allergic to eggs, milk, soy, wheat (but we try to avoid all gluten), green peas, beef, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, bean/legumes (all types), and possiby allergic to corn. Oh, and we avoid strawberries because she has reacted to those even though it doesn't show up on allergy testing.

Quoting WandBmamma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM

That sounds easy! Do you have measurements for making it with water?

Quoting WandBmamma:

I use brownsugar and melt it down with either margerine/butter or a little syrup. Someitmes I do it with water too and then when its brought to a boil add a litte bakingsoda and it maes a pretty good carmel but u have to eat it right away

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting WandBmamma:

melaniecerise
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

That seems so easy. thanks

WandBmamma
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Thats the hard part. I mostly cook everything by eye. Best way I can describe is just enough to moisten, not wet! And fyi this is great on popcorn too!

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting WandBmamma:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting WandBmamma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WandBmamma
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Oh and also if you type vegan carmel sauce into your search box there are TONS of great recipes that are dairy free!!! Good luck mama!

Quoting WandBmamma:

Thats the hard part. I mostly cook everything by eye. Best way I can describe is just enough to moisten, not wet! And fyi this is great on popcorn too!

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting WandBmamma:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting WandBmamma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)