• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's doctor's appointment UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

This is totally off topic, but I just need to get it off of my chest.

Some of you may know that my youngest DD has lots of medical issues. Today I took her to the pediatrician about some chest pain, red toes, and a few other weird symptoms that she has been having. They want her to see a cardiologist about all of it. They also want her allergist to test her for some autoimmune disorders (lupus, MS, etc), and they want her to go see her pediatric GI doctor soon (about some other ongoing issues).

I don't even know what to think about the appointment. For some reason, I had it in  my head that her chest pains would just end up being acid reflux, but they said that her symptoms don't  really follow the typical presentation of acid reflux. He wants to make sure she doesn't have any circulation issues, or a true heart issue. =(  I'm so worried now. I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't end up being anything serious!

UPDATE:

This is a different doctor entirely, but today DD had an appointment with her urologist. Unfortunately it wasn't a good visit. They did a renal ultrasound as well as an x-ray today. They found out that she isn't able to completely empty her bladder when she goes to the bathroom. She also has another UTI (she just finished antibiotics for one last Friday), and the doctor is very concerned with how quickly she is getting infections now. The doctor also said that she grew two different types of bacteria within a 4 day time period last time we were there..and that was concerning too. So because of all of this, she has to go back in a few weeks for further testing to make sure that she doesnt' have some reflux that is causing all of her problems. My poor baby girl just can't catch a break. =(

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I'm sorry.  Try not to worry too much quite yet.  It could turn out to be nothing.  I'll be sending out prayers for you and your daughter. 

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of the prayers we can get right now!

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm sorry.  Try not to worry too much quite yet.  It could turn out to be nothing.  I'll be sending out prayers for you and your daughter. 

frndlyfn
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hugs and many good thoughts your way.  With all her medical issues, the body could be sending mixed messages.   Poor girl.

Maries_Mom23
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Big hugs to mama and baby girl!  Thinking of you guys!  So sorry you all are going through this.

DanielleK21
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Im sorry dear. I hope all turns out well for you and your dd.

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Dd (3) gets reddish purple toes. She went for an ultrasound thingy on her chest. They didn't find anything of concern. They said to watch her and she should grow out of it.

I hope all ends up well for your dd
hopealways4019
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melaniecerise
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I will be praying for you all

fineyouguyswin
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

((HUGS)) I'll keep her in my prayers

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Thank you for the kind words and prayers everyone. It's so mentally and emotionally exhausting for all of us right now. It just seems like there is always something going on with DD, and we all just want her to be healthy. =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)