Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you pay for... PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

Cookies like this? They are heart shaped sigar cookies with chocolate adnd royal icing packaged up and ready for my children's classroom. With DH and I thinking about starting up a bakery we'd been thinking of prices. So ladies what would you pay for a large homemade cookie?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WandBmamma
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Ive seen cookies like that sell for as much as 3-5 bucks a piece around hereg and ppl pay it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:48 AM
In a bakery? $3. In a store? $2. From some random person who I'd met on occasion?? $1-1.50.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:07 AM

The prices everyone else listed are what i have seen.  When i go to the store tmorrow I will double check on their bakery prices.

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

In a bakery? $3. In a store? $2. From some random person who I'd met on occasion?? $1-1.50.

same

Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:03 AM
Quoting WandBmamma:

Ive seen cookies like that sell for as much as 3-5 bucks a piece around hereg and ppl pay it!

4kidz916
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM

This is what I was thinking as well.  Although with the nice packaging I'm not sure $1 would cover your costs. 

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

same

Jadegirl1819
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I can't judge the size but, honestly, for such a simple cookie I wouldn't pay very much.  I wouldn't buy cookies like that individually if I went to a bakery.  I would want them in a pack of 12.  When I buy individual cookies I want them to be more indulgent, something I can't make easily at home for a few dollars.  That's just my opinion though.

Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Quoting WandBmamma:

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I agree with this.  If it were a more "complicated" cookie, then I would definitely buy it from a bakery, and I would probably pay around $2-3 for a large cookie. For just a simple sugar cookie, I might pay $1-1.50.

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

I can't judge the size but, honestly, for such a simple cookie I wouldn't pay very much.  I wouldn't buy cookies like that individually if I went to a bakery.  I would want them in a pack of 12.  When I buy individual cookies I want them to be more indulgent, something I can't make easily at home for a few dollars.  That's just my opinion though.

melaniecerise
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM

how big are the cookie? depends maybe $.75-1.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)