Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Do you ever bake mini cupcakes/muffins?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

I never have but they seem kind of fun!

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I make them often because I think they are the perfect size.  I'm not big on sweets so a bite sized treat is perfect for me. 

melaniecerise
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I make mini muffins a lot of the time

1busymomma03
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I bake mini cupcakes sometimes. I love them! They are perfect for the kids because it helps to ensure that they don't eat as much sweets. LOL

subiemama
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Okay, quick question for those who do make these bite sized treasures...I have a silicone mini pan, but I have yet to do a good batch with that pan!!! Any suggestions???

daiseymae2
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM

I love mini cupcakes! They are a bite of heaven when you don't want to over do it! And if you ice them right, you get the perfect ratio of icing to cake!

daiseymae2
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Quoting subiemama:

Okay, quick question for those who do make these bite sized treasures...I have a silicone mini pan, but I have yet to do a good batch with that pan!!! Any suggestions???

I have metal pans. I have found that even with them, it's best to use a paper liner. Because they are so small, they can over cook easy. The paper helps them to cook a little slower. If yours are coming out over cooked, you may need to lower the temp a little. Generally I bake mine at 325 to 350 depending on the recipe. I check them half way and turn them because my oven doesn't bake evenly. I usually start with 8 min and turn. Then I set it for 5 min and check them again. Then I check every min or 2 until the are done. For cupcakes it's usually 16-20min total time. I have found that you need to learn from trial and error no matter what type or brand of pan you use. 

Daisyducc
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM
I make my banana bread recipe into mini muffins. I feel like it is a more manageable portion for my toddler, and she loves helping me make them.
crystal.davis78
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I love making mini muffins and the kids do too.  I was thinking about making mini cupcakes, but haven't had time.

MistressMinerva
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Nope

Maries_Mom23
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I never have, though, I'd love to!  The girls would LOVE mini muffins.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN