Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101
So my mother decided she wants to do cake pops for my SiL's baby shower instead of a cake. she bought a cake pop pan, so the actual baking part is not the problem - my problem is that I have no idea how to decorate them. Ddo you HAVE to dip them in melted chocolate or can they somehow be frosted with regular frosting? If dipped in chocolate, do i immdiately have to dip in sprinkles or wait for the choc to firm up a bit? Argh, im great with baking but totally lost with the creativity of decorating what i have baked. Help please!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Replies (41-47):
1busymomma03
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Those look great!! =)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Latest attempt - i think I am getting better at this, at least a little.

darrensmom11
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
What's needed for cake pops? The pan? And is the cake batter the same as regular cake mix?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I would not suggest the pan - it only made a huge mess. Thanks to advise from mommas here in this thread, what I do is bake a cake (any flavor) and let it cool. Then crumble it up finely and mix in about 10oz of any flavor frosting and roll into balls about an inch - an inch an a half across. Chill in fridge for a few hours. Then roll in melted chocolate and insert the popsicle stick. The first batch I did, i turned them over onto wax paper but that flattens the top and does not look pretty so this batch I stuck them right side up in a block of styrafoam. Oh, and most places that sell chocolate also sell mix ins for the chocolate - so I added crushed malt balls to my chocolate before rolling the balls in it.

Quoting darrensmom11:

What's needed for cake pops? The pan? And is the cake batter the same as regular cake mix?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melaniecerise
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

i have had cake pops only one time

darrensmom11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Oh ok. Thanks. Do they hold up pretty well?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I would not suggest the pan - it only made a huge mess. Thanks to advise from mommas here in this thread, what I do is bake a cake (any flavor) and let it cool. Then crumble it up finely and mix in about 10oz of any flavor frosting and roll into balls about an inch - an inch an a half across. Chill in fridge for a few hours. Then roll in melted chocolate and insert the popsicle stick. The first batch I did, i turned them over onto wax paper but that flattens the top and does not look pretty so this batch I stuck them right side up in a block of styrafoam. Oh, and most places that sell chocolate also sell mix ins for the chocolate - so I added crushed malt balls to my chocolate before rolling the balls in it.

Quoting darrensmom11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:27 AM
They seem to. I even froze one for about a week and it was still moist and yummy. I keep them in a ziploc bag in the fridge.

Quoting darrensmom11:

Oh ok. Thanks. Do they hold up pretty well?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting darrensmom11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnjen12
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Baby shower cake pops that I made for a friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN