Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs: Bring Them On!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs: Bring Them On!

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans on April 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM

buffalo chicken meatballsThere's just something about buffalo chicken that's irresistible. Clearly, there's no buffalo in it, but the bold, slightly sweet, somewhat spicy kick it delivers is delicious. Whether in wings or that delectable dip, buffalo chicken packs some powerful flavor.

Colleen over at Souffle Bombay has taken the buffalo into new and exciting territory -- meatballs. Yes, buffalo chicken meatballs are as amazing as they sound. Served as appetizers or piled on sandwich rolls for a hearty meal, they are as incredible as they are versatile. Bring on the buffalo!

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

1 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 small egg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (depending on the size egg you use you may need to add a bit more)
2 TBS wing sauce
1 TBS milk
Couple dashes of salt and pepper
2 TBS crumbled blue cheese (optional)

Pub Sauce
12 oz or 1 1/2 cups of your favorite wing sauce
3/4 cup (more or less to taste) blue cheese dressing

Place chicken in food processor and pulse until chopped up (6-8 pulses should do it).

Place ground chicken in a large bowl, add in egg, breadcrumbs, wing sauce, milk, salt, pepper, and blue cheese if using. Mix it all up well with your hands.

Form into balls (not too big) and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

In a large pot combine wing sauce and blue cheese dressing, heat it through, stirring often.

Once meatballs are out of the oven add them gently to the sauce and heat through for a bit.

Serve alone or with a roll for a sandwich and enjoy!! Include a small bowl of crumbled blue cheese for folks to sprinkle on their sandwiches.

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MistressMinerva
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I'm not a fan of Meatballs but those I think I would like.

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM
My hubs would love this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I saw this on The Stir.  They look so good.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN