Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes of The Day *4-25-12*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Since I'm so late...I'm sharing my dinner with you! :)

Juicy Croissant Burgers

Burger Ingredients
- I use turkey burger because both Chris & I prefer it but you can use ground beef if you like. (1 lb for 4 burgers.)
- Shredded Cheese ( You can use pre shredded or shred your own, if you shred your own you will be able to tell a difference it just taste better) I used Colby jack cheese but use whatever your favorite is :)
- What ever your favorite seasoning are for burgers. I change this up depending on my mood but I always use garlic salt & fresh ground pepper I also really like throwing in a little A1 sauce.
- 1 pkg. Crescent  rolls for every 4 burgers
- Bacon 1 strip per burger (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Put your ground turkey or beef into a bowl and mix in whatever seasonings you like. Make 2 thin patties for every 1 burger. Add a little cheese to the center of one of your "patties" and then put the other thin patty on top and shape into one burger. Now would be a good time to start cooking off your bacon. Put your burgers into a hot pan and let cook a few minutes on each side till they are browned but not cooked the whole way through. Place each burger into 2 crescent rolls that have been pushed together to make a square shape. Once your burger is sitting on the crescent cut your bacon strip in half and place on burger you can also add a little extra cheese if you'd like. Then just wrap your burger up! Once all of your burgers are wrapped place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes until the crescents are golden brown and your burger is cooked through & enjoy!

Oven Baked Onion Rings

• 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
  • 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
  • salt to taste 
  • olive oil baking spray (I used my Misto)

Place

slices of onion in a shallow dish. 

Pour

the buttermilk over the top and let them 

soak 

for about 1 - 2 hours, refrigerated.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.

Combine panko, bread crumbs and corn flakes and place half of the crumbs in a large dish, season with salt. Reserve the rest for when the first batch is used up. This should help avoid clumping and they should stick better to the onions.

Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture; coat well. Place rings onto two cookie sheets. Lightly spraywith oil. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Maries_Mom23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM

jen113000
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Oh my goodness, this sounds awesomely delicious!

Maries_Mom23
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Great dinner.  We've made the burgers before and we loved them.  I loved that the rings were never fried. And they were really crispy and flavorful.  Marie has already requested I make them again! 

frndlyfn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I want those rings !!!

melaniecerise
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM

yummy

Maries_Mom23
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

They were really good!  I was surprised.  You get used to the battered, deep fried junk...and these are just dipped in some crumbs and baked.  But, they were great.  

Quoting frndlyfn:

I want those rings !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)